Good turbo buick mechanic in or around Greenville, SC

Howling Mad

Anyone know of a good turbo buick mechanic in or around Greenville SC? Need to find somewhere to figure out my mess. Got a new motor put in last year and have been trying to figure this thing out ever since. I'm about ready to throw in the towel and pay someone else to do it.

What is it doing or "not" doing? You got some good people within a 1.5hr radius that can get you going. They may be a little busy with projects but like me I will try to squeeze in some Buick time each and every week. I opened a bigger can of worms ( 20x more complicated than a Turbo Buick) when I brought my daughter a '93 300zx.

What's the scan tool that you are using? You should be getting the check engine light also. Any codes? Still running the stock MAF sensor? After market chip? I had a car that had a Kenne Bell fan control switch that had bypassed the chip control. It was in the ashtry location. It was always lit up and I assumed it was working. Realistically there is a module on that fan about 2 1/2 inches long and if I remember has a resistor in it that can go bad. If you are good with a voltmeter I would check it for power and I would also grab about 3 feet of wire and wire it directly to the battery to make sure that it really does work and not seized up. Fans at Pull a Part off of Taurus and Dodge Intrepids are cheap and easy to make work and flow more air anyway. My symptoms that were very similar to yours was my ECM, my check engine light would start to blink really quick and if I tapped on the ECM hard a few times it would act right. I would check your Throttle position sensor, again using the voltmeter poke the tips into the A and C terminal and open the throttle and look at the voltage that you are seeing. Here's an invaluable link if you haven't used it already. http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/ My schedule wont really free me up for about 2 more weeks but I would be willing to help out if you needed some assistance. I am up here in Charlotte.

Using a scan master. Also have a Z06 MAF and translator the only code I'm getting is for low MAF. Using a turbo tweaks chip

Your signature has zero info about the car. So, instead of playing "20 questions", how about listing the mods done, the SM readings, fuel psi, etc..
Help others, help you.;)

Sorry man, I keep forgetting to update my sig. The mods are: forged 109, 206/212 cam, ported champion irons, 6262 turbo, Z06 maf, FMIC, 3" dp, 60lb injectors, Turbo Tweaks chip, 3200 stall converter. Car idleso poorly, O2s read around 190, blm stays at 128, tps is .42, fans never come on even at 210 degrees, I'll get the rest of the readings tomorrow. I have then written down but I'm at work right now

AF 06
L8 48-70
bat 13.5
Int 128
bL 128
RPM 975-10xx
Tps .42
IAC 98
cc 00
O2 milivolts 394-490

Sorry guys been working nonstop

I tried a new O2 but no change. I was just reading about resetting the iac I'll try that and report back.

I don't know if you still need any help with your TR, and knowing the holidays are around the corner, but if can send me PM of where in Greenville you're located maybe I can help you.
I'm not by all means like some of these guys who are my mentors during my time of needs, but with some of my help and the mentors we can get your ride in the right track.

Anyone know of a good turbo buick mechanic in or around Greenville SC? Need to find somewhere to figure out my mess. Got a new motor put in last year and have been trying to figure this thing out ever since. I'm about ready to throw in the towel and pay someone else to do it.

If you need help lemme know. I can come pick up the car and take to Richard Clark's Garage. We can fix it up for ya and tune if needed.