Good news from Detroit

fitz3820

Just got back from a business trip in Detroit. Spoke to a few insiders and there WILL be version of the Charger built off the RWD LX platform.

Of course there will be a Hemi. Now the Dodge boys don't have to settle for the Magnum wagon. Look for it in spring '05 as an '06

Chevy is rumored to have a new generation camaro in the works.
No firebird this time though- Pontiac is concentrating on the GTO.

I will believe the Camaro when I see it ...dunno what platform they could build it on to remain affordable.

Buick content: There is a sweet '89 TTA and an '83 Twin turbo Riv' in GM's Indy pace car display at their headquarters.

Very cool!!!! Its about time RWD & good V8's meet again. I agree with the Camaro, I too will have to see it to believe it. Whats up with a twin turbo Riveara???? I have never known of this kind of car????

The twin turbo Riv' was the actual pace car, not a street legal version.

I guess back in the day they put hopped up motors in the cars becuse they had to be able to go pretty fast when pacing the 33 indy cars.

They did advertise that the '89 TTA did not need any modifications other than a strobe light bar to pace the '500

Originally posted by fitz3820
The twin turbo Riv' was the actual pace car, not a street legal version.

I guess back in the day they put hopped up motors in the cars becuse they had to be able to go pretty fast when pacing the 33 indy cars.

They did advertise that the '89 TTA did not need any modifications other than a strobe light bar to pace the '500

Thanks for the info! Thats very interesting about the Riv. never knew about it................