Good morning, Americans...it's FRIDAY

Very cool. This thread now has 100K views.

Happy Friday.

Weekend almost here.
Just picked up a new surf board.:cool:

Happy Friday.

Weekend almost here.
Just picked up a new surf board.:cool:

Happy Friday.
Wish I had a surf board, wish I had a ocean, all I have today is a post hole digger. I will tell you that if your going to do away with your self no need for anything but
a set of post hole diggers. It’s already 93* and the humidity is 86% outside and it’s still morning. Well good luck with the great whites Mike

Spent all day Tuesday on the dyno, getting ready for Bonneville. Speed Week is about two weeks away. Rumor has it that the salt is freakishly smooth and fast this year. Can't wait. :cool:

Happy Friday.

Mike B.

Spent all day Tuesday on the dyno, getting ready for Bonneville. Speed Week is about two weeks away. Rumor has it that the salt is freakishly smooth and fast this year. Can't wait. :cool:

Happy Friday.

Mike B.

You’re not dynoing the Grand National for Bonneville are you???

Happy Friday!! Btw, Great Movie too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re not dynoing the Grand National for Bonneville are you???

Happy Friday!! Btw, Great Movie too!

Heck no!

New engine currently going in this roadster.Going to try to up it's record to over 300.
GOPR0009.JPG

Heck no!

New engine currently going in this roadster.Going to try to up it's record to over 300.View attachment 325289

Mike, Y'all need to take this song and bands work out there with you. When ever this band passes through Phoenix, I make sure to be at the show. They always bring you and your fun loving lifestyle to mind, especially with this song. What a cool bunch of guys. Always willing to hang out, have a drink and talk after the shows, kinda like you......:cool:.

They do one HELL of a job covering this song!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dig the sound. Big fan of Surf Music. The largest surf contest in the World starts tomorrow in my home town of Huntington Beach, CA. Surf's been pumpin all week. Saw some fifteen foot faces early in the week. It's dropped to just over head today. New swell coming in next week. I'm planning on sneaking out for a quickie tomorrow. If I do, I'll post up a pic here.

Oh hell yes!! As JM said details later please! That’s way cool man!!

Here's a quick walk around the car, getting ready to run at last year's Speed Week.

The engine builder that I work for is kinda tight lipped about the details on the engine. I can say that the new engine is over 600 CI and makes over 2 HP per cube. NA EFI BBC. Car has a Liberty 5 speed and has gone over 300 mph. Just has not set the record there. We plan on changing that in two weeks. This is one of the three cars that I wrench on at the salt.

Two years ago, we hurt a piston in this thing on the second to the last day of the event. We worked late. Pulled the head, dropped the pan in the salt and put a fresh slug in the hole. Next morning (last day) we set the record and were able to back it up at just under 300. It was one of the most rewarding moments of my motorhead life.

Last year. the track was super bumpy. Most people just spun out and broke parts. We broke our share. :confused:
GOPR0003.JPG

A three day weekend...
Time to just stay home, tinker on the Buick, BBQ and maybe catch a few waves. :cool:

What are you guys doing?

Mike B.

Being retired, every day is Saturday. The bad thing about weekends, especially long weekends, everything is crowded! Like I need some groceries, no way am I going to the store! I'll just make due until Tuesday. Or, maybe go early in the morning.