Good-Guys Autocross Fort Worth, TX

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
Hey guys, just wanted to post up that I hit the Good-Guys Autocross at Texas Motor Speedway last weekend. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos or video of my car running, none of my buddies wanted to come out. At least I got a nice shot of the car so you can see the stance now with the DSE shocks and springs. The Autocross was a blast, my best time was about 8 seconds off of the fastest car of the weekend. They limit tires here to 200 treadwear minimum, so real street tires only. I was on 235/60/15 Radial TA's so I was spending more time sideways (even on the straights) than anything else. It was a blast and the crowd went nuts over the GN. It was the only one there and most people were stunned that I was running it on the autocross. Even the announcer was going crazy over the car, declaring it his favorite car of the day and kept egging me on to stay on boost longer through the main straight. One run I gave him what he wanted and overcooked the entrance into the hairpin turn at the end of the straight, it ended up with me doing some donuts and sliding around. The crowd ate it up. It's pretty cool after going to a bunch of SCCA autocrosses where drifting, sliding, burnouts, and donuts will get you kicked out, the Good-Guys are much more laid back and the crowd naturally wants to see mayhem. If any of you get a chance to hit one of these, you really should!

Attachments

• New Suspension 011.jpg
    New Suspension 011.jpg
    745.1 KB · Views: 228
Nice job Mike! Glad to see someone else having some fun with their car...... The stance of your car looks great btw, how do you like the DSE shock & spring set up?......

Scot, I love the new shocks and springs! Just with those it is like a totally different car. I can't imagine a full set up like yours. I really need to start looking into upgrading the brakes and getting some bigger wheels to reduce the amount of sidewall I'm dealing with too!

Mike can you do the members here a favor and post up your ride height measurements after the DSE installation? It would be nice to have a measurement with the stock GN wheels.

I just use a tape measure and measure from the ground to the very bottom edge of the fender lip by keeping your tape in the center of the "center cap". Make sure your on good level ground!

Scot, if I'm not mistaken it sits right at 25" all around. I will have to double check in the next day or so when I get time and post back!

Scot,

Finally got around to checking the ride height again. The front is dead on at 25" both sides and the rear is very slightly lower, maybe 1/16" or so. With all the same tires it sits flat visually, with the Nitto DRs which are roughly 1/4" shorter than my street tires the rear looks like its sagging slightly. Once I get some bigger wheels and tires that should be gone.

Scot,

Finally got around to checking the ride height again. The front is dead on at 25" both sides and the rear is very slightly lower, maybe 1/16" or so. With all the same tires it sits flat visually, with the Nitto DRs which are roughly 1/4" shorter than my street tires the rear looks like its sagging slightly. Once I get some bigger wheels and tires that should be gone.
Thanks Mike,

This will give people an idea as to how a stock GN will sit with stock wheels...

No problem at all! Hopefully in the next few months it'll be getting some bigger wheels anyways!