Good front shocks for street?

SS/GNX

Formerly NothinYet
I am changing out my front coil springs because they are shot, and while I am in there, I figured I should look into getting some new shocks. They arent very old at all, I just dont like them.

So what would you guys recommend that doesnt cost a fortune. I dont want to spend the money on QA1 adjustables or anything right now.

I want something good that I can pickup at like NAPA or something. Something inexpensive.

Do the stock replacements work well?

I keep it on the street mostly, but will take it to the track from time to time, so traction IS a concern.

I run KYB's at all four corners...and am happy with them. My car is 50/50 street/strip.

Depends on the budget, Bilstein are hands down the best but priced like it, KYB gas adjust a close second....

Well, thanks for the brands, but how about some part numbers here guys... they dont all only make one shock for these cars do they?

Seriously though, thanks! I need to get these really really soon.

I just purchasd the KYB GR2 for the rear of my Regal (had blown out air shocks}. They are a stock replacement gas shock. $22 a piece from United Auto Supply. Car rides alot better now.

Bilstein! Best performance shock for the GNs.

I purchased mine through Summit Racing Bilstein Heavy-Duty Series Shocks: BSN-F4B360949H0 - summitracing.com

KYBs are the best bang for the money KYB Gas-a-Just Shocks and Struts: KYB-KG4513 - summitracing.com

Also, you should change your coils springs and shocks all the way around instead of just the fronts. It'll improve your ride and handling.

Very helpful thank you!

Thanks everybody...

P.S. I am getting a new rear end for this car soon enough, I will do the rear springs then.

I bought my Bilsteins from AutoZone a few years back. I could of sworn they were in stock and had a lifetime warranty! Im pretty sure the price was reasonable too, especially considering the warranty.
I have always been impressed with how the car sits and handles after putting new stock springs and Bilsteins on all 4 corners.

I bought my Bilsteins from AutoZone a few years back. I could of sworn they were in stock and had a lifetime warranty! Im pretty sure the price was reasonable too, especially considering the warranty.
I have always been impressed with how the car sits and handles after putting new stock springs and Bilsteins on all 4 corners.

Thank you! Glad to hear it, cause mine handle and rides like garbage right now! LOL!