Going with Grundy unless you can talk me out of it

Fachie Motion

Has anyone had a bad claim experience with them ? I did a search. Found a lot of positive stuff , but was unable to find anyone that had made a claim with them. Thanks.

The only Bad experience I have had with them so far is the amount of time it took them to get me insurance on my car almost two months!!

Well I went thru my insurance company who then did all the work for me to get Grundy insurance on my classic car they told me I could save money that way. So I filled out the application and sent everything in along with my vin# I was then given a quote I wrote the check out and they said we will be in touch in a few days after the review the application. About three weeks later I had a call that they gave me a wrong quote and it would be a little more$ because I had a high performance car. They should have known that when they ran my vin with the first quote. 6 weeks later I now have insurance. Other than that I have no problems I have great insurance (full coverage) at a low cost. Just make sure they know your cars make before they quote you.

I've been shopping for insurance on the GN lately too. Found Hagerty too be the most, Grundy next, and my agent actually quoted through American Modern and got a pretty decent rate. It does have a 1k annual mileage limit though, and they were eager to know about 'any modifications' and whether or not it was 'stock'. Mine was repainted last year and I used an agreed value of $18k with no problems. Can't be a daily driver or back up vehicle either.

I've been shopping for insurance on the GN lately too. Found Hagerty too be the most, Grundy next, and my agent actually quoted through American Modern and got a pretty decent rate. It does have a 1k annual mileage limit though, and they were eager to know about 'any modifications' and whether or not it was 'stock'. Mine was repainted last year and I used an agreed value of $18k with no problems. Can't be a daily driver or back up vehicle either.

One of the reasons I am leaning towards Grundy is the no mileage limit. I would blow past that 1k limit in 2 months.

Grundy

I went with Grundy, 310.00 a year, no mileage limit, 0 deductible, 20,000 of agreed value. Must keep in a garage and not use as daily driver and no drivers under 25. Im not sure if its the best but I have definately spent more and got a whole lot less. Ha, that rhymes:D

Insurance

I use Liberty Mutual with an employee discount and it's been the best insurance experience so far. I don't have a garage so Grundy was not an option. With Liberty Mutual I no longer needed AAA for when the head gaskets popped as they have their own 24 hour roadside. I was able to tailor the policy to a stated value per inspection/appraisal. I chose a mileage limit as I don't drive the car daily. It is just a weekend or every now and then driver. That knocked some $$$$'s off the policy. Price was great and I feel comfortable with the value protection I got for what I'm paying. Just another option!

I use..

I went with Grundy, 310.00 a year, no mileage limit, 0 deductible, 20,000 of agreed value. Must keep in a garage and not use as daily driver and no drivers under 25. Im not sure if its the best but I have definately spent more and got a whole lot less. Ha, that rhymes:D

Chrome, out of Spfld, Mo., and don't pay much more than that for $100,000 on my HEMI car...
My 55 will go to them, too.
JM$.02..

No claims because they dont pay out LOL

They denied me without any reason when I went to put insurance back on the same car after dropping them for the winter. Guess they did not like issuing a 6 month policy

I had a claim with them last year and i had a check in my hand in less than a week. Insured for 31,500 for 470 a year. Hands down the best insurance company ive ever dealt with.

No claim with Grundy, yet. But so far have nothing but good things to say about them. No mileage restrictions and very reasonable rates.

I haven't had a claim with them either but it costs me $200/year less than Hagerty for the Buick and Mustang. So far so good.

I've just gotten off the phone with the folks at Grundy looking for a quote. The representative did say that the mileage was unlimited but when I had asked him if it this coverage was for primary transportation, he said it was not. I figured that would be the response I would get.

So for those that daily drive their TR/GN, what sort of coverage do you carry and who do you have it through?

Wish i had seen this thread sooner......I currently have a stolen car claim with Grundy. Its now 36 days after my wh1 was stolen from me.....AND i have not yet been cut a check, and getting the OL stall from GRUNDY :mad: The policy simply states: " A vehicle is considered STOLEN when the entire vehicle is STOLEN and NOT RECOVERED within 30 DAYS " Put my attorney on them last night...If i have to pay $ to make them give me my $ Its only gonna cost Grungy aka Philadelphia Indemnity Insurance Co. MORE $

Run the other way fellow tr brother!!!! They're great till you have a total lost claim :mad: