Going price and how to acquire.

misteroman

After not having a TR for the last 15 years or so, would like to get back in preferably with an X.
Sold my corvette 427 60th anniv in November with 859 miles after realizing with the little guy around just never drove it. Was looking at lower mileage GN's and started thinking about the holy grail.
I think I would only feel comfortable buying on a forum like this as it would be a car I'm sure I would keep forever and leave to my son one day so I wouldn't want any surprises that would darken the ownership.
Would probably want a 30k+ mile one as it would be a weekend driver and wouldn't want to be afraid or guilty when driving it.
My question would be, how often do these come up for sale here and what is the going price?
Looking in the past it seems like maybe a couple a year that are well documented. Also seems like many comments about the price dropping.
Thanks for any help and have a good one.
Derek

Look up Rafael Vasquez on here. He is selling his and it is very very nice.

Rafael V is selling his and from what I know about him it will be a very nice car . Good luck in your search

After not having a TR for the last 15 years or so, would like to get back in preferably with an X.
Sold my corvette 427 60th anniv in November with 859 miles after realizing with the little guy around just never drove it. Was looking at lower mileage GN's and started thinking about the holy grail.
I think I would only feel comfortable buying on a forum like this as it would be a car I'm sure I would keep forever and leave to my son one day so I wouldn't want any surprises that would darken the ownership.
Would probably want a 30k+ mile one as it would be a weekend driver and wouldn't want to be afraid or guilty when driving it.
My question would be, how often do these come up for sale here and what is the going price?
Looking in the past it seems like maybe a couple a year that are well documented. Also seems like many comments about the price dropping.
Thanks for any help and have a good one.
Derek
You have mail.

If one is listed on here, it will likely be priced a lot higher than one not listed on here. You should be able to find a very nice driver for around $60K. One just sold on here with 2K miles for around that number. I believe the car is for sale by the person that bought it just few months ago. Might want to look into it. Good luck with your search and keep us posted.

Thanks guys for the replies!
My guestimated time frame would probably be springtime unless a few properties sold or my big one that is really only for sale by word of mouth.
That 2k mile one personally seems like a nightmare and doubt I would ever seriously consider something like that . Rafaels seems legit. As far as restoring one unless doing it yourself or if it's truly special I can't really understand. A buddy of mine just painted a gn and charged the guy 12k. Now granted the paint job is like glass but now he has a 100k mile car with an awesome paint job and 20k+ invested.
That 7900 mile gn is very nice as well.....

Hello text me
714 457-6839 Rafael
Ill send u info and pictures of my
1987 GNX 442
1987 GN with Factory Astroroof
7,450 original miles