Going intercooled

Brad_H

Decided to go intercooled for the better flowing intake and throttle response

Modded the upper plenum to keep the ta33 in the stock location

Attachments

• IMG_20160416_162153.jpg
    IMG_20160416_162153.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 440
Brad_H You won't regret it.. Even if you don't use a intercooler, you improve throttle response and flow... I actually got a better idle. BTW, do not forget to change the two wires on the TPS (top wire to bottom wire and bottom wire to top wire. Leave the middle wire). Post pix on your conversion..

Last edited:
Decided to go intercooled for the better flowing intake and throttle response

Modded the upper plenum to keep the ta33 in the stock location
Can u post a few more pictures?got my curiosity peaked.

Turbo oil return mod.....had a couple of hot air oil return lines kicking around, rubber hose and clamps to tie them together

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    595.4 KB · Views: 319
Brad_H You won't regret it.. Even if you don't use a intercooler, you improve throttle response and flow... I actually got a better idle. BTW, do not forget to change the two wires on the TPS (top wire to bottom wire and bottom wire to top wire. Leave the middle wire). Post pix on your conversion..
Hey will the iac work from my hot air throttle body on the 87 throttle body?

My 84 iac housing fit my 62mm 87 throttle body and the gaskets are the same for the housing. I wonder if it will run bad with the 84 iac sensor?

Man just got an 85 and was thinking just to leave it stock .but now I don't know . cWMCCRY you used the turbo also from 86-87 what else? Also the intake bolts right up?

You can use your stock turbo, but you will top out real quick. You can pick up a ta49 reasonable or 86 turbo. Once you have converted, turbo selection become easier. Just know anything bigger than a ta49 will require a 2800 stall.

Anyone have a 87 throttle cable and throttle cable bracket( the one that bolts on doghouse)....i posted in the parts wanted section, just raising my odds .

Ps. Needs to be shipped to Canada, Ontario