Going from 109 to TA Block, what two save?

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
This is a long term project, but I am in the middle of striping the stock block engine to go to a TA block project. My question is, is there any thing that I need to save off of the 109, to use on the TA project? Or should I just strip it all because none of it can be used on the TA project?

Many Thanks,
Jason

Well... here's the question I will ask, is it an off or on-center ta block? If it's an off-center, you can probably use quite a bit, if it's an on-center, I don't think you'll be able to use much. Again though, if you are going to spend that kind of money on a ta build, you'll probably want to make a lot of power with the motor, so I'm not so sure you'll be using much stock stuff anyway.:)

Thanks guys, sorry for not stated it in the first post, but I'll be going with an on-center block.

Jason

Sell your 109 complete. At best you might be able to save you oil pan and front cover. The on center engine is going to require a different intake, so you can also sell that. You never stated what engine management you are going to, but you might be able to save sensors, etc depending on the set up.
You might want to get hooked up with someone or a shop who has done such a swap since they will be a lot of replacement parts needed. You will get more money for your original engine if it is complete. So consider that too. I wouldnt start removing things like the front cover since you can buy new ones for between $100 and $200.

Originally posted by GNVAIR
Sell your 109 complete. At best you might be able to save you oil pan and front cover. The on center engine is going to require a different intake, so you can also sell that. You never stated what engine management you are going to, but you might be able to save sensors, etc depending on the set up.
You might want to get hooked up with someone or a shop who has done such a swap since they will be a lot of replacement parts needed. You will get more money for your original engine if it is complete. So consider that too. I wouldnt start removing things like the front cover since you can buy new ones for between $100 and $200.

Thanks!!! I'll be going with a FAST system for engine control.

What do you think a fair price for the engine? Note: turbo is sold and so is the intercooler. I took the car off the due to the cam sensor and maybe blowing a head gasket.

Thanks again,
Jason

If you do not have the Fast yet you may want to wait for the XFI version or look into the BIG Stuff 3.

Originally posted by John Wilde
If you do not have the Fast yet you may want to wait for the XFI version or look into the BIG Stuff 3.

Thanks John,
Long time no speak, my mistake. I dropped the ball, how are ya doing...you ever get one of those steel cranks?

Jason

Originally posted by V8KILLR
Thanks John,
Long time no speak, my mistake. I dropped the ball, how are ya doing...you ever get one of those steel cranks?

Jason

I have a steel forging and a billet crank that is ready to go.
In the next month or so I will need to drive to southern cal for some estate business. I will probably drop off my crank, rods block, heads and intake to Duttweiler so that I can get inline.