God Speed Jim Anson (GNCOL)

cmokem

It is with a heavy heart that I am posting this...Jim Anson, long time TB.com user, and my best friend passed away this past Thursday at his home in North Carolina. I first met Jim here in St. Louis (1996) at a Hardees car show and we instantly became friends, attending both car shows and race events on a weekly basis. It did not take long for me to realize that Jim had 3 loves in his life...His Family (Wife Roberta and son Steven), his Grand National and the Turbo Buick Community, and his Country as he spent his entire career in the Army reaching rank of Colonel. Even though Jim moved from the St. Louis area we still kept in contact through email and the occasional visit. Through our talks and visits Jim helped me with my Grand National, along with life issues as well. I am a better person because of Jim …. he would always take the time to listen and help whenever he could. He was one of two people that was both a hero and a mentor to me.
Jim, I am going to miss our conversations and visits.

Until we meet again Rest in Peace GNCOL
Bob

may your friend rest in peace....sounds like a great guy and friend

Looks like he had a very full life and good friends, what more could you ask for in the now. And just like you said, "Until you meet again"

Oh no......! I did not know Jim had passed away. He was a great guy and will be missed by many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad to hear the passing of a your dear friend and patriot. I know there are few words that could express your feeling.
My condolences you and the Anson family. A little humor with Jim's 3 loves, I would say that is very consistent with the
majority of members on this board. ... RIP...