GNX's flooding BAT

stage1gn

A lot of X's being being sold on Bring A Trailer as of late . Seems like one after another lately , market is high , so people cashing out . Not a surprise most of them with extreme low miles .

1651948056029.png

Amazing where the prices have gone.

There was a 9 mile GNX listed on ebay recently but the ad has vanished. Don't think it sold...maybe it went over to BAT.

That's a lot of cars that were not enjoyed the way they were meant to be. Those low mileage numbers just remind me of oil leaks and stale gas. The dollar amounts are impressive though I guess.

That's a lot of cars that were not enjoyed the way they were meant to be. Those low mileage numbers just remind me of oil leaks and stale gas. The dollar amounts are impressive though I guess.

Well let me tell ya about GNX with 2800 miles on it. He took it to a car show once. Went for an ice cream with the kids. While waiting in line he heard 2 women yellin having a pretty good fight that went on for 10 min . Kids had their ice cream an were walking back to the car. The women were in a shitbox right beside the GNX. They jumped into it still fighting , started it up an jambed into reverse at full throttle. Didn't hit the GNX BUT if it did that would have really devalued the car. It wouldn't be all stock anymore. Ice creams got thrown away an the car went back into "storage" where it lived.. Beautiful car with the plastic still on the seats. I also had a 66 GT350 for 40+ years. Ya couldn't drive it. 27k California car. 1 of 4 . :eek: At lease mine got used as a bench ;)
bHlXwFql.jpg

I got my GNX in 2015 , I can tell you I have put more miles on it than my 83k mile GN , it's not that I'm keeping it locked up , just no shows or cruise nights to go to . I am busy doing a bunch of other things , so it's just that when I get to drive , I will . I put 600 miles on it since I got it .
It used to be the sub 1k mile X's were worth a least double what an X with some miles on it was, not so much anymore . Being 35 years into the game now , people have to get what they can get , and if that means paying up for an X with some miles , so be it .The X's with some miles are not that far off now from the " plastic bubble " undriven X's .
If you view the auctions from BAT , the prices are kind of variable to miles and condition , some are total repaints , some have nicer eng bays / undercarriage , etc .You can see within the past year they have been climbing , most have sold , a couple have not met res .

MIne, #498, has about 80,000 miles. Documented drag raced and highway driven car by the original owner. I do love these prices, as I got mine for just under $40,000 about 15 years ago.

was that car out of Ohio ? Jim or Bill Philips or something like that ? Also looked at one in Tallahassee , Fl that was raced a little.