GNX wiring diagram for dash

turbotman

Does anyone have a copy of the 1987 supplmental manual for the GNX?
I really need a copy of the dash & gauge wiring, so that I can work on a harness for my GNX dash project.

Or does anyone have a GNX plug & play dash harness that they want to sell?

Thanks,
T

I hope this helps you out….. regards

Attachments

• Wiring.jpg
    Wiring.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 9,776
That's ultra cool, was this one of the original layout plans for the wiring? Thanks X-Ray, this will definately get me started in the right direction.:cool:

Was there actually an official GNX service supplement ever sent out by GM?

Yes it was one of the original diagrams ….as for the service supplement, not what you would consider a complete manual …only the prints you could get with the service parts, for example the cut out print for the wheel flares that came with the parts…. PS I have more information on the wiring, but just can’t find it at this time, will post when I do ….regards rick....lots of GNX documents what a problem to have:biggrin:

Thanks X-Ray, any more information is great when you find it. You are an awesome resource to have on this site.

Thanks again,
T

T,

Unsure if it will help but here are a few diagrams for you.

Attachments

• 1 028.jpg
    1 028.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 4,846
  • 1 027.jpg
    1 027.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 4,403
I found it.....have fun....regards:biggrin:

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 5,175
Thanks Guys!
This is all great information and has saved a lot of time for me so I won't have to trace back a ton of wire. This forum is the best and you guys rock!:cool:

X-ray, that last diagram combined with the first one that you posted is incredible stuff, and if not for your efforts would probably have never been seen again let alone be accessible to the rest of us.
Thanks again,
T

OK, now where can I find that special blue connector ..............I went looking through the wrecking yard, and lots have a similar plug, but all go into a female printed circuit. Does anyone know of a source for these?:(

You will not find one at the yard…..this was a hand made part made from several individual prototype molds for the GNX only:eek: ….I suggest you change the connector on the base vehicle and create your own connector combination:biggrin: ….regards rick

Gnx Dash Connector

Rick, We Were Talking To John At Casper Electronics And Hoping He Would Take On The Wire Harness Project.

Bill,

Did you get any feedback from John at Caspers' in regards to the potential for such a project. There seems to be a renewed interest in GNX dash conversions and replacement parts lately.

Thanks,
T

If someone could just make that connector it would be a big help. Thanx for the wiring pics xray!

It's a tad more complcated than just having the connector hood. I have the connectors and molds but the connectors are useless by themselves without etching 2 pc boards, soldiering the wires of the correct lengths, then epoxying the pc boards to the inside of the connector hood.

I made probably 50 - 100 maybe more of those wire harnesses. I believe ASC had the tach harness, ground harness, 12v harness, and bulb harness for the 6 guages premade prior to assembling the dashes. The 3 bulbs you see were not a separate harness

It would be very helpful for a clean install the wires the exact color of the ASC originals. The photo I posted above is one of the harness's that I hand made with the correct wire colors as ASC used

I still have a ton of the light bulb harnesses, the ground harness portion, the fuse type light holders and the required resister and the tach harness's but do not wish to let them go at this time.

Joe

kind of slighlty off topic, but if i could get some measurements, i could laser cut a few gauge mounting panels at work... my boss owns an 87 GN and almost bougth a GNX a while back, so i'm sure i could get it done. he likes to make laser cutting and bending programs for personal stuff..

I'll try to contact Poston's. They still have a plug & play GNX style dash listed on their website. Maybe they might sell a conector or the harness separately?
I would rather have an original harness but no-one wants to part with one of those, and there is no way I'm going to cut into my dash wiring:confused:

I would be interested in this harness myself as I am hoping to instax a GNX style dash in my clone.