GNX Tires

gnx139

Will be in the market for new tires soon and remember having a hard time finding brands for the 245's and 255's. Any suggestions from those who have bought tires recently are appreciated. And,,, is it possible to go any wider on the rear?? Would like a little more meat for traction if it can be done.

Will be in the market for new tires soon and remember having a hard time finding brands for the 245's and 255's. Any suggestions from those who have bought tires recently are appreciated. And,,, is it possible to go any wider on the rear?? Would like a little more meat for traction if it can be done.
I have the Toyo Proxes 255 50 16 DR.You can fit the 275 45 16 with no problems on the GNX wheels.

BFG's here. got a good deal thru tire rack, saved more by picking them up from the local warehouse...Mike

Thank you gents. You think the 275/45's would look decent with the 245/50's up front?

I've got the 245s up front and 255s out back on full lock the 245s rub a bit.

Hey Mike, The BFG's like the ones on your car now are probably your best bet if you want matching tread patterns front and back with 245 and 255's. Drag radials like the Toyo's mentioned above will certainly help with traction and give you the option of a bigger size but they wont last anywhere near as long and will probably make it a scary ride if you get caught in rain.

While the BFG is a great tire {I have them} their 255-50-16 does'nt have quite the wide footprint the original Goodyears had.
The Toyo 275-45-16 does have the wide "Goodyear" footprint but looks to be maybe 1/2 inch shorter than the 255-50.
I doubt you'd lose many RPM's on the highway being a tad shorter tire.

Thanks all,, I have time on my side. I'll keep chewing on it until I decide. I'd like to go a bit wider, but it looks like options are somewhat limited. And thanks Dennis!

I bought a set of BFG's... got the last set on the planet, at least they were as of June. Hard to get, but got em!