GNX recreation on eBay

turbo87regal said:
Dont know why some of you guys are getting so bent out of shape about the GNX clone subject ("FAKES" to make some happy) Call them what you will but In the long run all they do is bring more attention to what a GNX is. All that most people will ever see anyways is a clone because majority of the real ones have been turned into garage furniture never to see the light of day again :(

Nothing wrong with a clone as long as you dont claim its the real thing when someone asks or when your selling.

And for all the guys that hate clones so much let me just ask this:
Would you tell a guy with a Shelby Cobra replica that his car is a P.O.S. because its fiberglass and not real :confused:

Dont know about you but I've never seen a real Cobra! but know about them because of the FAKES

Feel free to give me all the crap you want for the GNX 548 next to my name because I am working on making another clone :D

Yeah, I'll have to agree. Most of the real GNX's are being kept off the streets. Whats the purpose of having one if you're not going to show it off or use it. You're right about the 'clones' bringing in more attention for the real GNX's out there. I don't understand why so many people are upset about this person selling a re-creation and picking out the little details about how it is not like a GNX. Who cares anyways, at least the guy is honest about it not being a real one.

What does a GNX and a UFO have in common? :confused:

You always hear about them, but never see them.

Ryder4864 said:
Yeah, I'll have to agree. Most of the real GNX's are being kept off the streets. Whats the purpose of having one if you're not going to show it off or use it. You're right about the 'clones' bringing in more attention for the real GNX's out there. I don't understand why so many people are upset about this person selling a re-creation and picking out the little details about how it is not like a GNX. Who cares anyways, at least the guy is honest about it not being a real one.

What does a GNX and a UFO have in common? :confused:

You always hear about them, but never see them.
Not getting upset about the Ebay sale, and wish him all the luck in the world. Just dont agree with the quote he made stating that his car is identical to a real GNX, when it is missing alot of key GNX items. I give him credit for stating in the auction that it is a clone or re-creation, as most sellers would probably pawn it off as the real deal.

Thats one of my shields.

And who said the repos are discontinued. I just have not made anymore becuase there was no demand.

Joe

GNX 233 said:
There is a GNX turbo shield on EBay now, brand new reproduction that is a perfect match. The shields are now discontinued, both the repro and the originals. Ebay item number: 8036875804

GNX Guy said:
Thats one of my shields.

And who said the repos are discontinued. I just have not made anymore becuase there was no demand.

Joe
Ok, the repro shieds are now unavailable till further notice. I stated discontinued because the original supply has all been sold and there is not any available to purchase at this time.

turbo87regal said:
And for all the guys that hate clones so much let me just ask this:
Would you tell a guy with a Shelby Cobra replica that his car is a P.O.S. because its fiberglass and not real :confused:

I had an original 427 .. lots of the new "clones" are just ****boxes and ya I look at them and ask "why" :rolleyes: :eek: the better brands (more $$$ ones are very nice ) :biggrin: Hell my 66 Shelby convert (4 made) had SHELBY himself doin clones in the early 80's :eek:
GNX clones ... to each there own ..who cares .. I did one that was on ebay a month or so ago .. I should have bought it and pieced it out :wink:

I would hate to see what some of you guys would say about my 83 Regal, it's white, GN Hood, Interior, and GN trunk kit and underhood insulator. I've neevr even thought about making my car come across as a GN, it's just somthing different that gets people talking because they dont know what it is, if someone wants to make a clone/fake who cares, it brings up great conversation and gets people educated of whats really out there. Like you guys said, most people have never seena real GNX in person. it's sortof (I'll get some crap for this) like the guys w/ the Chevelles that make their car a SS, even though it really wasnt new. The only thing I have a problem w/ as stated before is using the number 428, thats not cool. Just my .02

XRated said:
I'll bet the owner of the real 428 is a little unhappy.
he actually owned #428 but it was totaled and he bought it back from the insurance company and then bought a clean 87 GN to start putting all the stuff on. He live fairly close to me. :biggrin:

If you look at the prices of musclecar clones like Yenko Camaros, Hemi Cudas and Challengers the value of the clones is high but not as high as the original cars. Clones are popular at Barrett-Jackson and Ebay, their prices can get way up there. So eventually those GNX clones may be worth more than a GN!! the future will tell. Just my 2 cents. :biggrin: