GNX REAR SEAT CROSS BRACE

Chad's brace is the only one I will ever use or recommend! It's 11ga. instead of the 14 ga of others, it may weigh a bit more, but the weight is right over the wheels, and trust me, Chad's unit is not gonna flex! A first class part from a straight up guy!
Any brace is better than none, but why not go for the ultimate right from the start? It has more mounting points(whether riveted or bolted in the 13 pre drilled holes, and plenty of area if you wish to use panel adhesive too) than the X braces, and it is thicker than the other GNXtype braces.
After rippling the "C" pillars on my other G bodies and Nova, I didn't want to munch up my Turbo T Ltd, it's too nice, but I'm not gonna climb over a roll bar since there are no dragstrips anymore around here.
Chad's unit, GNX 5th position mount rubbers, and some additional rear frame bracing should make me happy, and that's not easy! I'll report back in a few weeks when it's running!
Hey Chad, smooth deal and quick shipping! Thanks!
TIMINATOR

Chad's brace is the only one I will ever use or recommend! It's 11ga. instead of the 14 ga of others, it may weigh a bit more, but the weight is right over the wheels, and trust me, Chad's unit is not gonna flex! A first class part from a straight up guy!
Any brace is better than none, but why not go for the ultimate right from the start? It has more mounting points(whether riveted or bolted in the 13 pre drilled holes, and plenty of area if you wish to use panel adhesive too) than the X braces, and it is thicker than the other GNXtype braces.
After rippling the "C" pillars on my other G bodies and Nova, I didn't want to munch up my Turbo T Ltd, it's too nice, but I'm not gonna climb over a roll bar since there are no dragstrips anymore around here.
Chad's unit, GNX 5th position mount rubbers, and some additional rear frame bracing should make me happy, and that's not easy! I'll report back in a few weeks when it's running!
Hey Chad, smooth deal and quick shipping! Thanks!
TIMINATOR
Thanks Timm for the review. Stay safe brother

I've written for various car, boat, amateur radio, and machine shop magazines for about 30 something years now, and Google too, I have as many negative as positive additions. It is what it is, I play no favorites, and call everything as I see it. You have a great piece Chad! I finally have the 5th position body mounts, due to arrive tomorrow, or so says ups. I really think those will be a great addition to your brace. In retrospect, I should have replaced all of the body bushings, I think I'll order the rest of them before I install the brace, as I expect my T coupe to be capable of 10s anyway. I'll see how fast I can make it run on dot tires. It's my new quest!
I got the latest info/rumor, that Firebird Raceway/Wild Horse Pass dragstrip may get a years reprieve from the plow, so I'm gonna hafta see what the GHOST GN will do!

I've written for various car, boat, amateur radio, and machine shop magazines for about 30 something years now, and Google too, I have as many negative as positive additions. It is what it is, I play no favorites, and call everything as I see it. You have a great piece Chad! I finally have the 5th position body mounts, due to arrive tomorrow, or so says ups. I really think those will be a great addition to your brace. In retrospect, I should have replaced all of the body bushings, I think I'll order the rest of them before I install the brace, as I expect my T coupe to be capable of 10s anyway. I'll see how fast I can make it run on dot tires. It's my new quest!
I got the latest info/rumor, that Firebird Raceway/Wild Horse Pass dragstrip may get a years reprieve from the plow, so I'm gonna hafta see what the GHOST GN will do!
TIMINATOR

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 43
Wrong! Colts fan.
GNX type originals and Chad's are a stamped steel "Y" shaped affair. GNX and tin man are 14 ga. flat steel. Chad's is 11 ga. Steel, almost twice as thick as the original, powder coated, and with 13 mounting holes, and with supplied stainless steel rivets! MUCH BETTER!
I can see the puny conduit braces being better than nothing, for a while, but not EVEN in the same league as the GNX brace, and Chad's is light years better yet!
TIMINATOR

Wrong! Colts fan.
GNX type originals and Chad's are a stamped steel "Y" shaped affair. GNX and tin man are 14 ga. flat steel. Chad's is 11 ga. Steel, almost twice as thick as the original, powder coated, and with 13 mounting holes, and with supplied stainless steel rivets! MUCH BETTER!
I can see the puny conduit braces being better than nothing, for a while, but not EVEN in the same league as the GNX brace, and Chad's is light years better yet!
TIMINATOR
Not to throw shade on a sunny day, but I'm still VERY satisfied with my welded in Tin Man brace.

It works, period.

To each, his own. ;)

Tim, in an earlier post you said you purchased one of the Tin Man units and it was on the way.

What goes?

Last edited:
Not to throw shade on a sunny day, but I'm still VERY satisfied with my welded in Tin Man brace.

It works, period.

To each, his own. ;)

Tim, in an earlier post you said you purchased one of the Tin Man units and it was on the way.

What goes?
I would say it is a diminishing return gain. The "conduit" braces probably do a good portion of what the flat style one does but the flat one provides even more rigidity. Either way these cars need it bad; for being full frame cars they are very floppy :p

I was going to get the tinman unit until I saw the unit Chad sells. I canceled the tinman as he hadn't shipped it in the 4 days when I ordered it.
I destroyed the c pillars on 2 g bodies and a Nova in the past. My Turbo Coupe is too nice for that! If some is good, more is better and too much is just enough!
TIMINATOR