GNX on the Speed channel

IMQUIK

Hey guys, I dont have GNX, but I do have a 87GN with 39,000 miles on it. Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a GNX on the Speed channel on Monday July 28th. The name of the show is 101 cars you must drive. Thanks, Mike

Attachments

• P5110026-1.jpg
    P5110026-1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 523
  • P6080005-1.jpg
    P6080005-1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 519
I saw that from the previews last week. Was wondering if they had both a GN and a GNX? They definately had a closeup of a GNX dash, then a shot while they were driving with the t-tops out. Anybody else see that?

I just watched the show and the car was not a GNX. It was an 87 GN that had T-Tops but it did have a GNX dash installed into it that they showed. The show was kind of mis leading becasue they kept talking about the Grand National and showing the guy driving it, but they also kept intermingling clips from the American Muscle car episode on the GNX. Overall it was nice to see someone still wanting to talk about and see these cars on a modern show.

Well, I just watched the show and what a Joke. It was a G.N. not a GNX. The owner didn't know Crap about the car. It was very misleading. He related it had 300 hp. As we all know a stock G.N. has 245 hp.

The strange thing was that they kept showing a real GNX in motion. I beleive it was the GNX that Legendary Motorcars had.

Well, I just watched the show and what a Joke. It was a G.N. not a GNX. The owner didn't know Crap about the car. It was very misleading. He related it had 300 hp. As we all know a stock G.N. has 245 hp.

The strange thing was that they kept showing a real GNX in motion. I beleive it was the GNX that Legendary Motorcars had.

The owner did say 300HP but at least the host of the show did his homework and said they had 245HP.

that guy in the passenger seat... who was he.... i thought when they said a expert on these carrs they would bring out molly...

i couldnt get past that the host refered to the car as being "blown" before it went to commercial. when the segment was over he stated that the car was supercharged! jeeeez they should re-name the show 101 stupid-@ss tv shows you shouldnt watch!

just my daily rant

thx
buickbert

A guy that lives by me that owns an 87 Turbo T always says his car is "supercharged" He is 92 years old and flew planes in the war that were turbocharged, but he calls them supercharged as well. I dont know why, but I have heard numerous people refear to turbos as superchargers.

I think the owner of the GN is one this board and that his car might have 300 hp. Also noticed that he had GNX guages. Nontheless, nice to see our cars on the networks. Besides, publicity is better than no publicity in the car world.

i couldnt get past that the host refered to the car as being "blown" before it went to commercial. when the segment was over he stated that the car was supercharged! jeeeez they should re-name the show 101 stupid-@ss tv shows you shouldnt watch!

just my daily rant

thx
buickbert

LOL

Was the owner on another GN segment a few years ago? I too heard HP figures like 245, 300, and 280 HP on this show. Guess I wasn't expecting a very detailed coverage on the GN by watching how they cover the other vehicles, anybody notice they covered the Chrysler K-Car last week and never drove one (101 cars you must drive).

Look at it this way, maybe the value of our cars slightly increased after last night. The more positive coverage they receive as they age, the more desireable they become.

just my daily rant

thx
buickbert

Actually a turbo is a form of supercharging. Same with around seven-eight other forms of making boost. Axial compressors, Vane-type, Lysholm, Centrifugal, Roots, Comprex, Piston type, etc, etc... Read up boys! That guy could school ya on the subject of "Supercharging".(maybe me too) They are ALL forms of Supercharging.

Amazon.com: Maximum Boost: Designing, Testing, and Installing Turbocharger Systems (Engineering and Performance): Corky Bell: Books by Corkey Bell
Or Amazon.com: Turbochargers HP49 (HP Books): Turbo Design, Sizing & Matching, Spark-Ignition & Diesel Engine Applications, Water Injection, Controls, Carburetion, Intercooling, ... Street & Race Cars, Boats, Motorc: Hugh MacInnes: Books by Hugh Macinnes.

LOL

Turbo2nr beat me to it. Turbo is a form of supercharging.

I didn't see the episode, but if they used some of the same coverage as they did on the American Musclecar episode, it was probably Bill Savino (TBS.com's dad).