GNX in NY flood?

186899453256155171ydqu80Yic.jpg

i have a friend who lost his 2013 nissan GTR black edition to the flood. Parked it in his warehouse which floods when it rains. And you think to yourself, is he stupid! NO...people have priorities, he owns a BAR and Restaurant that stayed open through the hurricane and had to take care of that and his family first. When you have money, its usually because your busy and successful and theres just not as much time as everyone would like to think there is. Theres alot of sh@t to take care of. Im sure he cares about the car, but might of had to make decisions with his time. Dont make this any harder on him than it is. Take it easy on him guys. He dosnt have to answer to any of us. Its his car, not yours. Nobody needs the comments after going through what hes been through.

I was there a few days after Sandy working on restoring the power to Hoboken NJ. There were cars after cars being towed out of the area that had flooded. All makes and models alot of them only a few years old that were full of water during the storm were being towed out with gallons of water running out of the back of them. I hope that everyone was safe in this instance as I know there were many families devastated in the NJ and NY area from Sandy.

that sucks but material things can always be replaced. you cant replace a family member or a friend. i would rather help somebody out in the times in need and lose my car..you cant take none of this shit with you just a bunch of dirt!!

Yeah, but still sad for that owner......along with all those other people who suffered so much loss in that storm. Life sure sucks sometimes..............

Bruce '87 Grand National

i would have had the family get their ass in the buick and head out. there is lots of room for luggage in the trunk

I'm with the majority here. F- that car. Get your family safe. It's sad from any angle you view it. Hoping this person and their family is safe and healthy. Also hoping they find a tolerable resolution to all this mess.

I had no idea this thread was even posted. First and foremost I would like to you all for your support. With all the damage done to my home and moving my family to a temporary location I haven't had time to visit this site. The reason why I didn't move the car first off is I'm not in a flood zone. Secondly I was concerned regarding the insurance company's reaction if the vehicle was damaged in a different location than stated on my policy. What you can't see in any of the pics is prior to the storm I built a wall in front of my driveway 36" high made out of 2x12's anchored into the concrete. When we were hit with Irene we got 6" of water in the street. Not a drop in my basement or driveway. So I figured worse case it would come up a foot or two and I would redirect the water down the street. I had never imagined that it would be this devastating. When something like this happens all of a sudden things that you thought where important really don't matter. Thanks again

sorry about the car spike. any hope for it? thank goodness for insurance, I hope they are being reasonable.

despite what happened to the car it actually looks really good. debating whether I should fix it up or sell it. I keep flip flopping back and forth. thanks

Get an insurance claim going and keep the car. If nothing else you might have enough $ to fix it up and then sell it.;) Just glad you and the family is ok.:cool:

After your more important priorities are taken care of, I would hose the snot of that car with fresh water and clean the hell out of it before I decided what to do with it. Unless there is way more damage than I see, it will be driveable soon.

Take a drive to Philly area. Jim Dunn of buickturboperformance.com. Well worth the trip and tolls. He is honest, reasonably priced (which is hard to find once mechanics see word Turbo!) and does an outstanding work.

He is working a a 14k mile GNX as we speak. Check out his Facebook page.

SAD TO SEE ..I HOPE ALL GETS FIXED UP FOR YOU MARIO . KEEP THIS IN MIND . I HAVE ALL THE DUPE PARTS FOR 456 . IF YOU NEED ANYTHING LET ME KNOW .. THEY WERE BUILT FOR THAT CAR ANYWAY . CLONE 456 IS DONE, ALIVE AND WELL . IN MY WAREHOUSE .CALL ME IF YOU NEED TO .PAUL

Insurance claim, Salvage title , buy it back, Now you can make a race car out of it, have a ton of fun and piss everyone off... and it wont matter. :)
Glad everyone is safe.

MARIO . GOT YOUR MESSAGE . CANT CALL YOU BACK TILL THE 14TH AFTER 3:30 M.T. ..WHEN WE CUT FOR P.T. I WILL CALL YOU THEN . KEEP YOUR CHIN UP .. GLAD TO HEAR YOUR FAMILY IS SAFE . PAUL