GNX for sale

My observations :
1) Under hood , turbo shield looks like an orig , and you can see the fender vents/relay relocation . Very dirty under hood for 19k miles .
2) Dash looks like correct/orig GNX . Gauges look faded/yellowed .
3) Emblem on trunk on wrong side .
4) Not real GNX wheels , look like GTA wheels .
5) No pic of rear .
6) Miles don't = condition .

Gives a vin , can check to see if for real X .

How ironic I stumbled across this thread. I stopped at this tiny dealer yesterday on the way to the track. I had emailed them the day before that I would stop by.. I thought, hmm, 60 grand, maybe it's worth a look see. So here,s the real deal. It's a fake of course. Flares/hood vents are held on by sheetmetal screws. You can see where someone did some cutting in the fenderwell to get them on. It's no less than a 200,000 mile car and it clearly shows. Interior is filth, literally. Undercarriage looks like 200+ thousand miles. Now someone has installed the rear suspension from an GNX. GNX dash is horrible, knobs broken. Cars looks to have been painted but looks to be a $300 paintjob. Looks as if it has sat outside years. The salesman said the manager was on his way with the keys. After several minutes of inspection I could'nt bare it anymore. I went and told the sales guy, "you have a FAKE out there", everything about it is fake. That's when he decided not to converse with me anymore. Heres the VIN and dash plaque number if any of you experts need it. VIN: 1G4GJ1178HP453410. Build number 518. I hope I'm right about it being a fake. While Im not an expert, it took me about 5 minutes to walk away from that car.

Last edited:
If you follow Dennis Kirban's report about the T2L code (GNX delivery) on the window and truck sticker, another easy thing to do to distinguish a clone is simply look for that code on the trunk sticker.

How ironic I stumbled across this thread. I stopped at this tiny dealer yesterday on the way to the track. I had emailed them the day before that I would stop by.. I thought, hmm, 60 grand, maybe it's worth a look see. So here,s the real deal. It's a fake of course. Flares/hood vents are held on by sheetmetal screws. You can see where someone did some cutting in the fenderwell to get them on. It's no less than a 200,000 mile car and it clearly shows. Interior is filth, literally. Undercarriage looks like 200+ thousand miles. Now someone has installed the rear suspension from an GNX. GNX dash is horrible, knobs broken. Cars looks to have been painted but looks to be a $300 paintjob. Looks as if it has sat outside years. The salesman said the manager was on his way with the keys. After several minutes of inspection I could'nt bare it anymore. I went and told the sales guy, "you have a FAKE out there", everything about it is fake. That's when he decided not to converse with me anymore. Heres the VIN and dash plaque number if any of you experts need it. VIN: 1G4GJ1178HP453410. Build number 518. I hope I'm right about it being a fake. While Im not an expert, it took me about 5 minutes to walk away from that car.

Ps it wasn’t a fake;) it’s a well loved now.