GNX flares and larger Tires

Vertigo107

Hi,

For those folks that have gone to GNX flares because of a larger tire/wheel combo, or the GNX tribute/clone look; What vendor's flares did you use, and were there any issues with fitting them on the car, or the quality of the flares themselves?

Thanks!

Don't buy them expecting extra wheel clearance, they bolt to your existing sheet metal meaning no extra room is created. Only on the real GNX was material cut away and the flares are actually "functional".

Pretty sure there are only 1 or 2 actual companies producing the flares so there isn't much difference. You need to bolt them up and look for gaps and possibly have to sand out any high/low spots before painting.

Like BlackMetal said, the flares are bolt-on and don't provide extra clearance themselves. However, I was able to obtain the setup to cut away the inner fenders from GNXRay here on the board. He might can hook you up as well.

As far as what flares, I'm not sure. My car had them already. I did get the wilting from Kirban. It's good from what I can tell so far.