GNX DASH INSTALL

heres your pics so far
20121213_213817.jpg

20121213_213859.jpg

20121213_213916.jpg

20121213_221437.jpg

20121213_225229.jpg

THANKS FOR POSTING THE PHOTOS JOHN! YES, WE'RE INTO IT! MAN, MY STEERING WHEEL LOOKS LIKE CRAP! GUESS I'LL NEED TO GET IT RECOVERED..

I TALKED TO RICK HUNT TODAY. HE HAD SOME VERY GOOD ADVISE AND INFO FOR MY PROJECT(WHAT A NICE GUY!!) LOOKING FOWARD TO GETTING BACK ONTO THE DASH INSTALL THIS WEEKEND...THANKS AGAIN RICK!!!

BILL DID RICK MENTION SPEEDO CABLE LOCATION .. MY SPEEDO BUZZED LIKE CRAZY IN THE STOCK CABLE LOCATION .

YES HE DID, HE SAID ITS BEST TO MAKE A NEW LOCATION THROUGH THE COWL,MAN I'M GLAD I TALKED TO HIM PRIOR TO GETTING THAT FAR!!!

I JUST DIDNT WANT TO SEE YOU ON THE SAME ROAD I WENT DOWN .. I FOUND THE TIP IN ONE OF RICKS OLD POST'S WHEN I FOUND THE ANSWER 2 SPEEDO'S LATER .

OH BY THE WAY .. WHEN YOUR DONE IF SOME LIGHTS DONT WORK IT'S IN THE CASPER PLUG n PLAY GROUND .

I SPOKE TO JOHN ABOUT A YEAR AGO REGARDING THE WIRE HARNESS, HE SAID BE SURE THAT I HAVE A GASKET OR SIMILAR ITEM BETWEEN THE METAL HOUSING AND LP BOARD OTHERWISE IT WILL SHORT OUT, BUT I DON'T REMEMBER ANY GROUND ISSUE.. CAN YOU EXPLAIN???THANKS..

ONE OF THE GROUND WIRES DID NOT MAKE THE CONNECTION SO WE JUMPED IT . ALL'S GOOD THEN . I THINK IT HAD TO DO WITH THE SMALL GAUGES ONLY . AND COVER YOU COLUME OR IT WILL GET PAINT DAMAGED .HTH

Pictured below are the parts needed for a complete GNX dash installation....and a picture from under the dash of the new hole location in the firewall to prevent the fluttering of the speedometer, note the proximity to the powermaster. This is a one inch hole to match the grommet. I do not know the grommet size of the aftermarket cable if there is one. Thanks for the kind words.....regards rick
GNX dash parts001.jpg
GNX dash parts002.jpg
GNX dash parts003.jpg
Hole Location.JPG

Hey Rick, is the GNX dash hard to get out? Are the bulbs easy to change. Mine are kinda of dim and would like to change them.
Thanks. any tips to make it easier?