GNX DASH INSTALL

It is easy….. you just pop of the front bezel assembly the same as the production base vehicle and you can access the bulbs. The only issue you may have is the clips tend to fall out when you pull off the bezel. Regards rick
P.S. you may want to try using a fuse puller for taking out the bulbs....

WELL I WORKED THIS EVENING FOR A FEW HRS. I CUT THE DASH BEZEL,INSTALLED CASPER'S HARNESS TO THE ASSEMBLY,ONLY ISSUE I SEE IS THE NEW BEZEL HOUSING MAY NEED CUT OR GROUND DOWN AS IT DOES NOT APPEAR FLUSH WITH THE SPEEDOMETER AND THE LT SIDE DASH LPS. I JUST RUN OUT OF TIME AFTER MIDNIGHT, I'LL NEED TO RE-VISIT IT THIS WEEKEND... LOOKS LIKE WERE GOING TO GET A SMALL SNOW STORM TONIGHT AND TOMORROW, GLAD CAR IS INSIDE, WARM GARAGE DUST TO PUTTS WITH ALL WINTER LONG...THANKS AGAIN RICK FOR YOU HELPFUL INFO..

Hey Bill,
I recently replaced my ignition starter switch on the column. Not a very fun job. With your dash out and column dropped, you are half way there. My car has 200,000 miles on it and I think the switch was going bad. Sometimes when I turned the key, nothing happened. So for $13 you might consider changing it, although I don't know how many miles are on your car. This is the part: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...rter-switch-bwd_5971209-p?searchTerm=ignition#

Not to thread crap, but I'm about to do the same project and fix the wobbly steering column. What are other parts it would be good to replace, while it's all apart?

custom dash look real close at the boost gauge in the few pics up coming
20121222_134041.jpg

20121222_134048.jpg

always wanted a Stewart Warner gauge to say "boost"
20121222_134055.jpg

20121222_134116.jpg

20121222_134238.jpg

20121222_134327.jpg

where speedo hole needs drilled- thanks Rick
20121222_134823.jpg

a Heinz copy x car- just wanted to put that out there
20121222_134351.jpg

Not to thread crap, but I'm about to do the same project and fix the wobbly steering column. What are other parts it would be good to replace, while it's all apart?
DEPENDS HOW LOOSE YOUR COLUMN IS. THE BEARINGS ON THE TILT HOUSING CAN BE WORE AS WELL..YOU WILL NEED A FEW SPECIAL TOOLS TO PULL THE HOUSING OFF,OTHERWISE YOU CAN ONLY TIGHTEN 3 OF THE FOUR BOLTS. I HAVE THE BEARINGS IF YOU NEED THEM..OBTW, THE TOOL IS A PIVIT PIN PULLER.. I CAN WALK YOU THROUGH THE PROCESS IF NEEDED...(BACK IN THE DAY ,I BUILT HUNDREDS OF GM COLUMNS...)BEST WISHES!

Are you planning to paint the warning lights on the applique? Red/orange for the warning lights, and green/blue for the turn signal/bright lights indicator. I was told to use Crayola Markers from a hobby shop.

I purchased it at Summit. I took it apart, put green and red pinstripes on it(a pia), tried to make it look orig...

I'm surprised nobody has said "You should have switched the green and the red" LOL

Are you planning to paint the warning lights on the applique? Red/orange for the warning lights, and green/blue for the turn signal/bright lights indicator. I was told to use Crayola Markers from a hobby shop.
SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA, I HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THAT THOUGH...TOO MANY THINGS TO THINK ABOUT AHHHHH..

A local parts store had the SW orange/green gauge about 4-5 years ago. It only went up to 15 psi so I didn't buy it. I called them just for fun a couple months ago and they told me it is discontinued. I wonder if it is worth much now that we can't get it.

A local parts store had the SW orange/green gauge about 4-5 years ago. It only went up to 15 psi so I didn't buy it. I called them just for fun a couple months ago and they told me it is discontinued. I wonder if it is worth much now that we can't get it.

They are worth something now. The vac/15psi guages were the stock boost guage on the GNX. I think they went disc in 2009.

Dash looks good Bill. It takes a little work to get them installed correctly, but look great when done right.

Pete