GNX Dash Cluster

kev

Seen this in the local cl. I'm only here until Sunday and was wondering if this was the "real deal"? Not sure what it'd be worth and there is no listed price.

What do you guys think? Lmk asap I'll be free tomorrow and half day Saturday. Thanks guys

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nope not the real deal....
This is the real thing....regards

Attachments

• GNX dash parts002.jpg
    GNX dash parts002.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 775
Alright cool. Any ideas what this might be worth?

Alright cool. Any ideas what this might be worth?

Hi Kev,

That picture is of an old "AVC" GNX style dash that they used to offer. It uses VDO gauges.
Do a search on it & you'll see what they sell for. I've seen the AVC dashes go for anywhere north of $500 +. Be sure you get the sending units & VSS sender too.

Personally, I prefer the look of the original factory GNX dash by ASC. I bought a NOS (New In the Box, never installed) AVC unit many years ago...however never installed it as such. Decided to keep the VDO gauges & wiring harness & installed them in replica ASC GNX Factory dash I got from Paul Castle at World of Motorworks. Looks way better in my opinion. But was alot of tinkering to get it installed.

GNX VDO Dash 005.jpg

It looks to have a lot of sun fade. In very good used condition with all the senders and stuff I could see them being worth about $700. Does it have the modified stock bezel too? Looks like you have to do a little restoration to get it to like-new condition.

I have same dash in my car now, not too bad looking in there but I do like all the gauges. No idea what it's worth as it came in my car. Senders to make it all work are some money if not included

I'm not too worried about the looks just need one that works. He says all is there that's needed to work and worked before he removed it.

Can you post some more pics? How much does he want? Those 160MPH VDO mechanical speedos are kind of rare now. If you look closely the speedo needle was replaced with a full length pointer instead of one that stops at the center.

Better grab em then Kev!
I've got the AVC installation instructions if you need em.

dave

Alright I'll see if he can meet up tonight. I'm about 3 hours away from him now

Congrats? I guess you bought it! Did ya get the oil & water temp senders + the VSS .

Here's the AVC factory installation instructions.

dave

Attachments

• AVC Directions.pdf
    326.6 KB · Views: 146
  • AVC Directions Pictures.pdf
    315.3 KB · Views: 129
  • AVC2.jpg
    AVC2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 219
  • AVC dash cluster 001.jpg
    AVC dash cluster 001.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 285
  • AVC dash cluster 005.jpg
    AVC dash cluster 005.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 221
Congrats? I guess you bought it! Did ya get the oil & water temp senders + the VSS .

Here's the AVC factory installation instructions.

dave

Dave,

You're a life saver with your attachments. I don't have that dash but a home made conversion using that exact VSS sensor pictured. My VSS needs to be replaced. Any idea of the brand and/or who might sell those? Thanks.

Dave,

You're a life saver with your attachments. I don't have that dash but a home made conversion using that exact VSS sensor pictured. My VSS needs to be replaced. Any idea of the brand and/or who might sell those? Thanks.

Hi Lance,
Glad I was able to be of help.
Let me check my VSS for any identifying markings.....for some reason I seem to recall it may have been made by Bosch, but am not 100% sure without checking it.
I believe John Spina (Caspers) used to sell them, but don't think he's got them available an longer.
Will let ya know later today after I have a look under the hood.

dave