GNX Available for Sale (with pics)...

GNXcess

Greetings All,

For sale is a very nice, all numbers-matching, 3-owner GNX with 27k miles (with a pristine vehicle history report and, more importantly, a certified "actual miles" branded title). It is excellent throughout with mostly original finish which shows beautifully as a featured car at the 20th Anniversary Kirban Reunion. First owner was a corporate celebrity from Texas who went out and had a huge show display hand painted and lettered documenting all the features of the GNX. If you’re looking for a dried-out, soulless, 00053.2 mile dust-gathering piece of furniture that’s sat in dead storage for 20 years, this may not be your car.

However, if you want a show-worthy beauty that’s been driven, enjoyed, and loved every minute– and still gets lots of trophies and admiration to boot– then you may be interested.

I have ASC paperwork, original dealer keys with plugs saved, full window sticker (even the sticky edge “frame” is intact, usually it’s removed at the perimeter perforations). Add to that the mint build sheet, clear color copies of both previous titles, complete owner names & addresses (TX and CA). Yes, I also have the matching numbered book hand signed by Molly at the reunion. As well as the all-important Molly Designs GNX jacket and GNX hat. And also all 4 original factory Goodyear “Gatorback” VR tires taken off by the previous owner. Talk about a complete package!

The power antenna works perfectly. So does the air conditioning. Original turbocharger is guaranteed (don’t laugh– you’d be surprised how many valuable GNX turbochargers have been quietly switched out, even from those 53.2 mile garage queens). But what do you expect with some of these cars passing through 15 or 20 owners? By sharp contrast, this GNX has had only two previous owners. That perfect provenance and title chain, along with all the extras that often get "lost" along the way with other cars, and, of course, its beautiful condition are what first attracted me.

But what really sets this GNX apart is that it's equipped with the 4-Speed Hurst Lightning Rod shifters. And they were perfectly installed without any permanent alterations; she remains all numbers-matching. Causes lots of double takes at the shows, and-- most importantly-- really makes her a blast to drive! I will tell you the one thing that would have put this car over the top would have been for ASC to install Lightning Rods in all 547. Sure wish my other one had them!

For car number and a comprehensive photo slideshow, please click this link:
Slideshow of pictures, photos, and videos, from webshots

I will be glad to provide additional details and price to serious inquiries via PM/email only.

Thanks!
GNXcess in PA

Hello GNXcess,

Is the car still for sale? If so, I would like to see some pictures. If not thanks for your time,
Bruce

Not understanding why you think that the installation of an incorrect Hurst "lightning rod" shifter is something you think that will increase the value.. :confused:

If you are looking for resale, I'd put back on the original shifter, assuming you still have it, and I bet you'd get more for it. Just my .02.

Ever price a set of LR shifters? I was going to do this conversion to my GN last year and had located the source for the required extra brackets, etc., from the Oldmobile board. Unfortunately, I got outbid on eBay for a mint set of LRs that went for almost $1,000, and it was going to be another $150 for the brackets and shifter cable. I used to manually shift my GN at the track using the sloppy stock shifter and it sucked; a pair of LRs, while not the greatest, would have been a neat deal.

Does taking a stock '84 MCSS and dropping in an '87 TR drivetrain increase its value to a Chevy/MCSS purist?

Not understanding why you think that the installation of an incorrect Hurst "lightning rod" shifter is something you think that will increase the value.. :confused:

If you are looking for resale, I'd put back on the original shifter, assuming you still have it, and I bet you'd get more for it. Just my .02.

I would certainly agree. I like the lightening rod shifter a lot. Looks sorta like a Lenco but I dont see it increasing the value of such a rare car. Make the car original, let the new owner put the shifter in if he chooses.

Btw, where are the photos. Link states they have been removed?

Its not as if the GNX shifter/console is anything special.... (standard GN fare)

The L-Rod is a bolt-in if you have all the components from the donor... but you do have to clearance the inside of the console to make it fit. (I'm in the process of converting my GN now)

I dont see it as hurting the value at all... but having an available console and OE shifter would help the purists....