GNX 464 For Sale

trick86

Solid Member
GNX 464 For Sale, ordered by Richard Marriott of the Marriott Hotel Chain. With a letter of permission from GM executives he had a ASC moon roof installed before delivery (documented). Richard in the early 1990's had a 4.1 Buick stage 1 motor built for the car by Kenny Duttweiler backed by an Art Carr 2004R. Since my purchase of the car in 2011' I have completely gone though every component of the car top to bottom. Personally rebuilt the engine, transmission, rear end, suspension, brakes and all supporting mechanicals. Car currently shows somewhere around 47000 miles. Detailed every component, nut and bolt before installation. Rumor is the numbers match engine is still floating around in Maryland.

Body:
Car was resprayed in the 1990's in single stage acrylic and still presents as fresh. Overall 9/10, car is straight, no dings. Some of the trim was painted gloss back, fender vents, front and window trim as well as the door trim is gloss black. More recently I've added Spool Fool replacement front and rear filler panels that have also been painted. The original bumper assemblies front and rear have been removed and packaged up for preservation. A second set of steel bumpers have been smoothed removing front license plate holes and bumperet holes front and rear, refinished and are currently installed. Hand washed the underside of the body and left factory original finish(too nice to paint), frame/fenderwells has been refinished single stage semigloss black.

Interior:
All original, cleaned and detailed, center console armrest. Scamaster2, Autometer wideband, boost gauge and Caspers audible knock gauge. 90's chirp' chirp' Clifford alarm with flashing park lamp, ign kill, keyless entry locks and trunk. Medium tint on all 5 windows.

Suspension:
Front- Upper and lower control arms refinished, moog replacement upper/lower balljoints, and moog bushings pressed in, new moog replacement steering components. Zinc plated cross drilled rotors, bearings, calipers. Bilstein shocks
Rear- Refinished torsion and panhard bar, new hardware.. Original aluminum drums refinished black. Bilstein shocks. New bearings and seals, US Gear 3:42 gear set installed, Moser factory replacement axles.

Engine:
4.1 Stage 1 block, Eagle internally balanced stock stroke crank, BHJ dampener, Billet 2+3 caps, H beam rods, Ross pistons .030 over, ARP main, head and header studs, TA aluminum street intimidator heads, 1.65 T&D rockers, Comp roller 215/220 cam, ported intake manifold, H&R mounts, 6466 AR .85 CEA DBB, GN1 front mount, Griffin Aluminum rad, dual fans, RJC 3' downpipe, ATR full stainless exhaust with stainless pitbull mufflers, TA stainless race headers/crossover. SM ported 62mm throttle body, RJC plate, 3.5" Maf/Translator, Tin Man custom air intake, 60 lb injectors, RJC black Billet crank and water pump pullies, Razors alcohol, TT chip, repro GNX turbo shield notched for DP

Fuel system:
New spectra 307C tanks with a Racetronix double pumper 255's. Teflon conductive -8 feed, -6 return, Racetronix SS serviceable fuel filter,
Aeromotive fuel pressure gauge, Accufab FPR.

Transmission:
Art Carr shift kit, billet servo, pinned and balanced governor, trans refreshed with quality clutches and frictions, 3rd gear dual feed mod in the case, Billet forward drum, input shat and OD stator. PTS 3200 L/U convertor. Deep sump pan and a BRH custom trans cooler with electric fan.

Parts included with sale:
Original GNX intercooler, original radiator and fan, original factory EQ radio "0324" and factory speakers, correct plug wires, injectors and regulator, GNX boost gauge, original air box, original up pipe that's been plated, original GNX turbo shield(modified for an external gate and plated) repro GNX turbo shield in grey, repro trans. Your choice of bumpers either stock or smoothed. Car will be provided with its original GNX wheels installed with brand new rubber of the buyers preference.

I built this car myself and will prepare it however the new owner wishes to receive it from "as is" to "roller", "Lowered" to "factory original full ride height". Send me a 109'/2004r engine and transmission combination and I can install that for you as a turn key deal. The 17" wheels pictured are not available. History documented by the GNX registry/ Doug Nigro. According to Doug this is one of a handful of GNX's with an ASC moon roof. Car is located in Kelowna BC, 2 hours north of the Oroville WA border, I will assist in transport to the USA and/or aligned with US transport to streamline the whole operation. $79000 USD and entertaining the idea of $59000 USD as a roller. Send me your favorite stock or modified 109'/2004R trans combo and I can install the drivetrain and prepare the car to your liking. I am also interested in a trade plus cash, clean low mile examples of 87 GN's, T-Type or Limited's either hardtop or CF5 astroroof...zero interest in T-roof cars. The original motor and trans from your trade could be installed and you'd have your own numbers correct GNX and would be delivered to you ready to run. If interested reach me direct at: trick86@live.ca
Thanks
Byron

Body2.JPG

Last edited:
Hello all you Buick guys. I'm Mike Dopkins ( aka m233roller ) and Byron and I are good friends. I have personally seen and rode in this car and you won't believe how much heart & sole Byron ( and money ) has put in this car. It is ABSOLUTELY Detailed to the max and is cleaner underneath than most cars are on the top side. He is one very meticulous person. I'm pretty damn picky myself but this car outshines my show car. There is NOTHING but quality in his work. This GNX runs as good as it looks. I know I've rode in it several times and it hauls ASS but runs smooth as glass. Byron buys nothing but the best of parts, I know. Somebody better jump on this X car and who ever does will NOT ever regret it !! Good Luck By.