gnx 444 going across the line tomorrow in palm beach

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
originally a California car no other info on it, upper door panels look old and worn

originally a California car no other info on it, upper door panels look old and worn
GNX 444 was bid up to $60,000 last year on BAT. Numerous photos on BAT site.
I was at Barrett Jackson PB today and this GNX is a driver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I was in Palm Beach and got a good look at it also. Overall it looks good but it definitely needs some TLC. Some of the stuff I noticed is the exhaust is trashed, it has the wrong radio in it (not a concert sound radio), side window belt moldings are all cracked up, who ever put the grill springs in had no idea what they were doing, a couple of the center caps are not correct, hood liner is rough and engine bay could use a good cleaning. I'm not trying to bash it just giving potential buyers a heads up. For the right price I would buy it fix the things that are wrong with it and enjoy it but for me that number would not be $60k. Someone might get a steal on this one tomorrow because several cars I saw that had sold already had some low prices marked on the windshields. We'll see what bidders think about it tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20190412_143800.jpg
    20190412_143800.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 153
  • 20190412_143631.jpg
    20190412_143631.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 154
  • 20190412_143326.jpg
    20190412_143326.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 152
  • 20190412_143428.jpg
    20190412_143428.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1588.jpg
    IMG_1588.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1587.jpg
    IMG_1587.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 20190412_143518.jpg
    20190412_143518.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 161
  • 20190412_143842.jpg
    20190412_143842.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 157
I bet that exhaust sounds a little meaner than it should :LOL:, at least it shows its a pretty original car, sometimes the wear/patina is a good thing !!

I was in Palm Beach and got a good look at it also. Overall it looks good but it definitely needs some TLC. Some of the stuff I noticed is the exhaust is trashed, it has the wrong radio in it (not a concert sound radio), side window belt moldings are all cracked up, who ever put the grill springs in had no idea what they were doing, a couple of the center caps are not correct, hood liner is rough and engine bay could use a good cleaning. I'm not trying to bash it just giving potential buyers a heads up. For the right price I would buy it fix the things that are wrong with it and enjoy it but for me that number would not be $60k. Someone might get a steal on this one tomorrow because several cars I saw that had sold already had some low prices marked on the windshields. We'll see what bidders think about it tomorrow.
Looks pretty rough if you ask me and definitely not worth $60,000

just what you offered DAMN it man
well if your every up here in saint augustine love to hang out

Still....$63K seems pretty low. It also comes with the jacket, hat, book and window sticker.

I wonder if it was a internet or phone bidder that bought it? If it was I think they might be a bit disappointed when they get it, then again I might just be too picky. They claimed 100% stock but those rotted out mufflers were definitely not original along with the cheap chrome clamp on exhaust tips but those could easily be taken off. They also claim "In 2017 the current owner commissioned a complete respray of the original black with all windows and emblems removed" witch I'm not too sure about because if you have a GNX that needs a repaint since prices have gone way up witch was the case in 2017 I would think you would spend a couple extra bucks to get a super nice paint job done that justifies the respray. I'm pretty sure there are other surprises to be found here and there but I was not a serious bidder so I didn't want to get too hands on opening doors and touching stuff to dig deeper. It's a nice car that needs some details worked out on it.

Still....$63K seems pretty low. It also comes with the jacket, hat, book and window sticker.
Not sure if those were included or not. I recorded the auction but haven't had time to watch it yet to see what they said about it on TV.

Numerous photos and video still on BAT listing of GNX 444, no mention of GNX jacket or hat. Just mileage inconsistency on CarFax from 1993...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, here is the deal with this car.. i own a 2k mile Gnx and know what it should be like. I spoke to owner who is a dealer and this car was traded to him. Rough would be were I would start on this car.. car has the worst paint job I have seen! They should of at least wet sanded it to make it better. Cut wires under the hood, oil leaking from master cylinder , dealer told me zero paperwork , no jacket no nothing! Just car and title! I bid on this car and thought it’s worth around 50k . I think it’s good someone paid 77k with premium for it, as it only helps the cars that are actually good. It was a phone bidder that bought it, and I’m sure most of you watched the show and have to say these guys are masters of marketing!! These auction cars look terrible in person, and they go around with a spray oil, type of wax so the cars look stunning on tv.. crazy..