GNX 42 miles!

I realize that might not be the prevailing mindset here but I see that and all I can think is.... what a waste of a great piece of engineering.

I'd drive the hell out of that thing.

Dido ...You're right about that, but what is funny I have met numerous GNX owners and most of them have another T/B for a driver or
something to tinker with, this may be the case. But if not what a waste.:cry:

Dido ...You're right about that, but what is funny I have met numerous GNX owners and most of them have another T/B for a driver or
something to tinker with, this may be the case. But if not what a waste.:cry:

I can understand those that want to keep the value up as an investment or those who enjoy looking at it more than driving it. That's just not for me.

There are people doing the same thing with the V wagons. To put a little perspective on that one, there are fewer M6 wagons out there than GNXs. Mine has 53k miles on it already.

...and I have enjoyed every one of them. :)

My guess is $150 K

I'll be there to find out!

For those investment GNX's with stupid low miles , you'd think the owner(s) would have kept them in a bubble to really preserve them best absolute way . Not to criticize the car in topic , but 42 miles ? The plastic should still be on the seats , horn button be original , window sticker still on window , etc. Also , the engine compartment should be way nicer than it is or at least make an attempt to detail it out for the advertisement of sale , as well as polish up the hazing out bumper fillers .

Is it me or is the front end abnormally high?

No , that's normal for a GNX . Look at the side view picture , sitting level . It gives that appearance because GNX's had the front fenders cut open for the flares , and the flare sitting up higher on the fender also gives that look .

it states all the important info in the write-up, just a clip
  • The original GNX center caps and lug nut covers have never been installed and are included
  • Letter from ASC McLaren
  • Copy of the factory invoice
  • Copy of the window sticker

that car is beautiful anyway you look at it. I hope the new owner at least takes it out for a cruise or two, but i doubt it, probably destined for a life indoors, is a shame.

snaps out of it, ok it is just a car lol

It's Great for the recognition for the Gnx being still a great investment but you only live once if you don't plan on anything but cashing in on it Someday it's a waste of a great Car ahead of its time! I drive mine as often as I can you may be dead tommorro and you got neither enjoyment from driving it or spending the cash you got for it!

IMG_4093.JPG
For those investment GNX's with stupid low miles , you'd think the owner(s) would have kept them in a bubble to really preserve them best absolute way . Not to criticize the car in topic , but 42 miles ? The plastic should still be on the seats , horn button be original , window sticker still on window , etc. Also , the engine compartment should be way nicer than it is or at least make an attempt to detail it out for the advertisement of sale , as well as polish up the hazing out bumper fillers .

I love my bubbles. No gnx though.
KID

it states all the important info in the write-up, just a clip
  • The original GNX center caps and lug nut covers have never been installed and are included
  • Letter from ASC McLaren
  • Copy of the factory invoice
  • Copy of the window sticker

that car is beautiful anyway you look at it. I hope the new owner at least takes it out for a cruise or two, but i doubt it, probably destined for a life indoors, is a shame.

snaps out of it, ok it is just a car lol

Comes with Jacket and numbered book! That stuff is rarer than the car itself.

Sold, hammer price $115k

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Friend of mine was at the auction and told me the car was not in very good shape. He also said it was missing the center caps which seems odd. He did tell me the GNX is the only TR at the auction.

Friend of mine was at the auction and told me the car was not in very good shape. He also said it was missing the center caps which seems odd. He did tell me the GNX is the only TR at the auction.
Hence my comment , I could see that right from the pictures from the Mecum site . Still pulled $115k though , someone is/was buying the odometer .

However, it does come with the requisite broken power antenna. Still a nice car.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I inspected the car at the auction. Every panel has paint damage. Absolutely terrible for a 42 mile car. Didn't even clean the windows. Scratches like you wouldn't believe! It was hard to look at. I was hired to inspect the car. My customer passed on it. It's not stuff that will buff out and then look perfect. I was excited to see the car (just like 547) but only to be disappointed (like 547).