GNX 2.5" Stainless Cat-Back System

OldSledHead

My OEM GNX exhaust system has cracked where the stock mufflers are welded to the tailpipes. As careful as possible I removed the tailpipes and cracked mufflers leaving the Y pipe still on. I was going to buy a new R.C. system. Then I found out it is N.L.A. and the only vendor that sold it is out of them. I am not interested in going down to my local muffler shop who cannot do mandrel bends.

Question #1 Magnaflow states their Stainless Cat-Back System (Part # 16884) will fit the GNX. Anybody have any feedback on this system? Has anybody tried it? I have called Magnaflows Tech line who passed along my email to the engineer who designed it. I haven't heard anything back yet from the Magnaflow engineer.

Question #2 I was talking with the GSCA this morning it was stated that the company Stainless Works might be able to reproduce the GNX exhaust system if there was enough interest. They would probably want a pre-order of 100. So if their is any interest I can keep a list and see what happens.

BTW, I'm still new at communicating thru threads as you can see by my counts. So bear with me if I muck up the communication somewhat. I usually commnicate by email or cell phone.

Thanks, Criag in MI

Hey Craig,
If it interests you I have a Atr stainless cat back complete exhaust system
If you need. As you might already know the ATR is the system that Richard copied
However the biggest difference is the mufflers that are not chrome, but stailness
As well
Pm me with further info needed

I have magnaflows stainless system on my GNX, with polished mufflers,
it was designed for a GNX, so not sure how /or if GN system will work,
I don't have the PN, but as stated is was designed for a GNX, works great, sounds great!

Hey Craig,
If you need. As you might already know the ATR is the system that Richard copied
However the biggest difference is the mufflers that are not chrome, but stailness
As well
PM sent

I have magnaflows stainless system on my GNX, with polished mufflers,
it was designed for a GNX, so not sure how /or if GN system will work,
I don't have the PN, but as stated is was designed for a GNX, works great, sounds great!
Thanks cruzn57. Magnaflow did send me the only 2 pictures they had. But the only pics they had was of a GN. No GNX pics. I couldn't really get a confident answer from the tech on how the side tailpipe would hang, 1-2" down or 6" down, or how the mufflers would hang, tucked up or hanging low. I never did hear back from the engineer who designed the system. I would have perferred to know ahead of time what to expect from this current system. I guess there probably is a high possibilty that your Magnaflow system is probably the system Magnaflow currently still offers. Thanks again.

My OEM GNX exhaust system has cracked where the stock mufflers are welded to the tailpipes. As careful as possible I removed the tailpipes and cracked mufflers leaving the Y pipe still on. I was going to buy a new R.C. system. Then I found out it is N.L.A. and the only vendor that sold it is out of them. I am not interested in going down to my local muffler shop who cannot do mandrel bends.

Question #1 Magnaflow states their Stainless Cat-Back System (Part # 16884) will fit the GNX. Anybody have any feedback on this system? Has anybody tried it? I have called Magnaflows Tech line who passed along my email to the engineer who designed it. I haven't heard anything back yet from the Magnaflow engineer.

Question #2 I was talking with the GSCA this morning it was stated that the company Stainless Works might be able to reproduce the GNX exhaust system if there was enough interest. They would probably want a pre-order of 100. So if their is any interest I can keep a list and see what happens.

BTW, I'm still new at communicating thru threads as you can see by my counts. So bear with me if I muck up the communication somewhat. I usually commnicate by email or cell phone.

Thanks, Criag in MI
PM sent to PH

Hey Craig,
As well
sent another reply

DOES DENNIS KIRBN HAVE THE SET?IF I WERE YOU I WOULD WAIT TO GET THE SYSTEM RICHARD PERFECTED,I PUT THAT SET ON 095 LAST YEAR,IT IS THE ONLY SET I WILL USE FROM HERE FOWARD. I PUT THE ATR REPO SET ON MINE 4 YEARS AGO,IT FIT JUST OK..

DOES DENNIS KIRBN HAVE THE SET?IF I WERE YOU I WOULD WAIT TO GET THE SYSTEM RICHARD PERFECTED,I PUT THAT SET ON 095 LAST YEAR,IT IS THE ONLY SET I WILL USE FROM HERE FOWARD. I PUT THE ATR REPO SET ON MINE 4 YEARS AGO,IT FIT JUST OK..
Hi Bill. No Dennis is out and It's NLA I was told. It's either the ATR maybe it fits ok exhaust system, or the claimed "one exhaust fits all Turbo Buick's" from Magnaflow p/n 16884. Or if enough people preorder Stainless Works will do a run of 100 of them. I guess it's the roll of the dice on whether one of the systems will fit your GNX correctly. I couldn't get Magnaflow to state anything solid as far as "have they ever had their exhaust on a GNX." They don't have any pics to send of it on a GNX so I assume it was never installed on a GNX. They sent me pic's, but the pic's were the underside of a GN. Their tech suggested that "I compare the underside pics of the GN" he sent me to the "underside of my GNX" to decide wherther there exhaust would work. Originally the tech said he was going to have the engineer who designed the exhaust talk to me, but I haven't heard from him. As a sidenote the GSCA is following up with Magnaflow to see if their claimed "All Turbo Buick System" is what they claim and to be an acceptable fit for GNX owner's. I do have the original Y Pipe still on my GNX. A few years ago I bought a pair of new aftermarket GNX adaptable center to center mufflers from Kirban. I could make what I have work. But I would like to put on a new 2 1/2" stainless mandrel bent system.
But being new to this forum/thread thing what I cannot figure out is when I try to reply to gnxparts he is not receiving any of my replies. Why is he not receiving any of my replies?

Not sure if you ever got in touch with GNXPARTS or not regarding his ATR system, but I would consider selling my very slightly used (less than 500 miles) Kirban/RC system that's currently on my GNX. Email if interested slflanders at gmail dot com