Gnx #119

da35114

Hey Guys,

GNX#119 will be heading to my garage in CT this coming week. It has 469 original miles and is still on the dealer's original MSO whom purchased it in 1987!

It is the owners personal collector car of a GMC/Buick/Pontiac dealership. It was on the showroom floor for many years "roped off". It is 100% original and comes with the coveted GNX jacket (still in the plastic in the box), hardcover book (still in the box), ASC Window Sticker, manuals, etc.

It even has the "lime green" stickers that were placed on the Goodyear Gatorbacks! I will keep you posted on more details upon acquisition.:smile:

I am excited to welcome the X to it's new home this week. The owner was a pleasure to do business with.

Hi Barry,

Congratulations again on landing such a fine example. It's been quite a search, hasn't it? :wink:

Talk to you soon!

Congratulations on your purchase on a well documented GNX. I look forward to your next posts.

Barry,

Is the GNX coming from NJ? The reason I ask is that one has been sitting on the Buick/GMC dealership floor in Keyport, NJ since 1987. Last year for the first time I actually walked inside to check it out. One of the salesmen told me people stop in periodically to take pics of the car, etc...

Anyway, last week I happened to be in the area and I noticed that the dealership new car inventory was virtually wiped clean. The lot was empty. When I drove up front I did not see the GNX in its normal location, but noticed it sitting in the back of the dealership floor. I was just curious whether this may be the car you were buying. Have fun with the car.

Rob

That's the One!

That's the car!

Barry,

Is the GNX coming from NJ? The reason I ask is that one has been sitting on the Buick/GMC dealership floor in Keyport, NJ since 1987. Last year for the first time I actually walked inside to check it out. One of the salesmen told me people stop in periodically to take pics of the car, etc...

Anyway, last week I happened to be in the area and I noticed that the dealership new car inventory was virtually wiped clean. The lot was empty. When I drove up front I did not see the GNX in its normal location, but noticed it sitting in the back of the dealership floor. I was just curious whether this may be the car you were buying. Have fun with the car.

Rob

Congrats!!! Nice car...However, another GNX with the rear trunk emblem placed a little high...Hopefully, its a factory error rather than something else going on!

Barry,

What a coincidence. A few years ago a co-worker bought a GMC truck from the dealership and told me about the GNX. I had long forgotten that the car was there. It took me about a year to get by and take a look. The salesman told me that a couple of times a year the owner of the dealership would call up and ask to have the car ready to take a spin. I could only imagine how many inquires were made to purchase the car.

Have fun with it.