Casper's Field Fix dead battery solution

CenTexT-Type

Out of nowhere my 82' T Clone left me stranded at the liquor store with a "dead battery". I got a jump start and thought "all is good". About a mile down the road, no power steering, engine dies, pull to the side of the road. Another jump, and now I'm 100 yards before she dies. Okay, this is no bueno. My shadetree mechanic certification tells me alternator. Remove and replace alternator, but just for grins I ask the parts house to test it out. "Alternator is good" i'm told. Whatever- I change it out and after 5 miles she dies, same way as before. I got this- dead cell in the battery-has to be it. I take battery to the parts house to test it out- "battery is good". Whatever-this is not making sense.

Time to get the answer on Turbobuick.com Hit the search engine and this is at the same time the server was damaged in the fire; the search function was not working on my computer. Darn it!!! Hit the usual "Car Dying" check list and I'm at a loss, Everything is in order- this is not good!

Long story short, Turbobuick.com back up better then ever, search function tells me no volt light- and Casper's Field fix is the answer. My flex circuit board is sketchy anyway- worth a shot!

Order from Caspers, plug and play and BACK IN BUSINESS!! Big Thanks to TURBOBUICK.COM site ADMIN, TB family for being the "go to" and CASPERS Field fix. I just ordered another field fix for my 87' so i won't end up stranded from a burned out bulb ; best part it's on sale for $30 bucks!! Anyone who may have a battery not charging condition and flex board issues/no Volt light-get you a field fix while it's still on sale!

Out of nowhere my 82' T Clone left me stranded at the liquor store with a "dead battery". I got a jump start and thought "all is good". About a mile down the road, no power steering, engine dies, pull to the side of the road. Another jump, and now I'm 100 yards before she dies. Okay, this is no bueno. My shadetree mechanic certification tells me alternator. Remove and replace alternator, but just for grins I ask the parts house to test it out. "Alternator is good" i'm told. Whatever- I change it out and after 5 miles she dies, same way as before. I got this- dead cell in the battery-has to be it. I take battery to the parts house to test it out- "battery is good". Whatever-this is not making sense.

Time to get the answer on Turbobuick.com Hit the search engine and this is at the same time the server was damaged in the fire; the search function was not working on my computer. Darn it!!! Hit the usual "Car Dying" check list and I'm at a loss, Everything is in order- this is not good!

Long story short, Turbobuick.com back up better then ever, search function tells me no volt light- and Casper's Field fix is the answer. My flex circuit board is sketchy anyway- worth a shot!

Order from Caspers, plug and play and BACK IN BUSINESS!! Big Thanks to TURBOBUICK.COM site ADMIN, TB family for being the "go to" and CASPERS Field fix. I just ordered another field fix for my 87' so i won't end up stranded from a burned out bulb ; best part it's on sale for $30 bucks!! Anyone who may have a battery not charging condition and flex board issues/no Volt light-get you a field fix while it's still on sale!
We have all been there

I would advise anyone w/ one of these cars to have a Caper's field fix. I had my issues but not now.

I want one , but John just told me by phone, that He does not have the alternator connector in this kit, for my '84 ? How did you install it to work on your '82 ?

I want one , but John just told me by phone, that He does not have the alternator connector in this kit, for my '84 ? How did you install it to work on your '82 ?
I’ve got an 87 motor and trans in a 82 Regal that is badged like an 87 turbo T. I do not have any history on the car. I did not do the swap or wiring so I am beyond happy the field fix solved my dead battery condition!

Why not just carry some spare 194 bulbs or that fancy Casper's 194 that has the built in resistor.

Why not just carry some spare 194 bulbs or that fancy Casper's 194 that has the built in resistor.
You can do this. The problem is the bulb will fail and you will have a dead battery at an inconvenient time and place. Then you have to screw with the gd dash and get a jump. That why you spend $30 now and avoid this hassle on the front end.

You can do this. The problem is the bulb will fail and you will have a dead battery at an inconvenient time and place. Then you have to screw with the gd dash and get a jump. That why you spend $30 now and avoid this hassle on the front end.

That's why its nice to have a voltmeter. I hate adding too much electrical stuff since they are the worst gremlins to chase down. Although for a road trip it would be nice to have in your toolbox for backup.

The bulb with the resistor is supposed to keep the charging system going even when bulb burns out. At least thats how it was explained

The bulb with the resistor is supposed to keep the charging system going even when bulb burns out. At least thats how it was explained

This is correct. The problem is the connectors in the dash are known to fail with age. The field fix eliminates the entire problem for good. Thanks

This is correct. The problem is the connectors in the dash are known to fail with age. The field fix eliminates the entire problem for good. Thanks
I agree, but I have flexible circuit board issues due to age (1982) and I do not believe a bad flex board can make the Circuit, even if it has a good bulb and resistor. A good back up in case you’ve got a T that may have an aging circuit board but still drivable nevertheless.

The above it what John Spina suggested for my '84. His 'New' flex boards have the bypass / backup built in.