GN1 SE Headers (Disappointing)

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
20150710_162738.jpg
20150710_162834.jpg
20150710_162715.jpg
20150710_162759.jpg
I recieved a set of GN1 headers from GN1 Performance. Not too happy! Paid $635 shipped.. Im expecting to see some NICE headers right?

To the untrained eye, these look shiny and pretty, but to a trained eye (CWI) this is BS.

The butt joints are so crooked, that the actual weld is bridging the gap as you can see in the pics.
ALL the welds are sugared on the inside...This means no shielding gas was used on the inside of the pipes.
ALL of the welds are heavily burned through (too much heat).
The flanges were put on a belt sander for straightness. Straight..They are not. In one of the pics you can see the pitting of raw material that never got sanded...Along with ridges in the middle..Really?
Also notice how the "good" weld is added on top of the bad welds to make it look better. I know this trick very well.

And if you think Im here to bash GN1 Performance...Im not..... I am bashing the quality of these headers.

NOW, I dont know what to do. I have spent all the money I have and cannot afford TA race headers.

Last edited:
Wow, I've seen eBay Chinese headers that look better. Shame for the money. I'd send them back too.

yeah that is disappointing......I had a fitment issue with my GN1 down pipe but did manage to make it work with some tweaks.

View attachment 257961 View attachment 257962 View attachment 257963 View attachment 257964 I recieved a set of GN1 headers from GN1 Performance. Not too happy! Paid $635 shipped.. Im expecting to see some NICE headers right?

To the untrained eye, these look shiny and pretty, but to a trained eye (CWI) this is BS.

The butt joints are so crooked, that the actual weld is bridging the gap as you can see in the pics.
ALL the welds are sugared on the inside...This means no shielding gas was used on the inside of the pipes.
ALL of the welds are heavily burned through (too much heat).
The flanges were put on a belt sander for straightness. Straight..They are not. In one of the pics you can see the pitting of raw material that never got sanded...Along with ridges in the middle..Really?
Also notice how the "good" weld is added on top of the bad welds to make it look better. I know this trick very well.

And if you think Im here to bash GN1 Performance...Im not..... I am bashing the quality of these headers.

NOW, I dont know what to do. I have spent all the money I have and cannot afford TA race headers.
They didn't say this is the first time they've heard of this did they?

has anyone tried the TA race headers in a F body
they have a different drop down position on the passenger to the crossover and im not sure they work
they just sneak bye on a G-body between the A arm

Last edited:
has anyone tried the TA race headers in a F body
they have a different drop down position on the passenger to the crossover and im not sure they work
they just sneak by on a G-body between the A arm
They won't bolt up to the TTA heads. He's running Buick heads

I bought a set, had to send back for rework. 1) bent flanges 2) hole CTC were correct however zero clearance...size on size thread OD scrapping badly in thru holes. I was surprised by the "101" mistakes.

Once installed they fit nicely. Two things to look out for: PS almost hits upper control arm and cylinder 4 tube touches DP.

Once installed they fit nicely. Two things to look out for: PS almost hits upper control arm and cylinder 4 tube touches DP.

i dont know how this got so off track
i agree the TA perf race headers are nice... in a gbody ... BUT hes trying to run gn heads on a 3.8 in an f body
#1 there are no upper control arms in a TTA fbody
#2 his dp will need to be custom to work in that chassis so #4 clearance is moot

clearance on the passenger side where the TA race passenger header crossover tube drops down seems limited to me

I don't care if you're using them on a model A. Providing info.

Last edited: