GN1 R or TA aluminum ported head flow numbers

I didn't make a statement. I asked a question.
Can I speed up the air without increasing CFM? There are only two answers,yes or no.
Nope but did I state that it wouldn't somewhere I'm trying to figure out why that is relevant to my point though though

I don't even pay that much attention to flow numbers the real deal is airspeed not cfm,
This is what you said,hence my question. The thing that you pay no attention to will increase every time you increase air speed,but pay no attention to CFM.

This is what you said,hence my question. The thing that you pay no attention to will increase every time you increase air speed,but pay no attention to CFM.
So we're in that statement did I say don't pay attention to CFM at all I said it was just one of the things that you pay attention to in one of my posts maybe you need to read the whole thing again but again I will say what I said in a previous post answer my question can I have two exact cylinder heads that flow the exact same CFM but one makes more power

It’s been said put your thumb over the end of a water hose and the water shoots future , this will increase the speed but decrease GPM .
This was my thought on cam lob rates ond lift.Champion heads use a smaller intake valve than TA with about the same CFM making it have greater air speed to maintain same CFM.Being boosted dose make the science subject to reality,and some cars just run better than others.this is way you have seen so many combos that work and don’t work.

maybe you need to read the whole thing again but again
I've read the whole thread and quoted you. In post #34,dank GN talked about a balance of things and a relationship between things and mentioned that the cylinder heads aren't necessarily better on the faster car because there are too many things the contribute to ETs. Everything he said was thoughtful and well laid out. Your response to his post was to laugh at him and mock him.
You did say that you are not a head porter,but dank is.

I can increase the mean port velocity of any cylinder head by simply forcing air through it under pressure and I don't have to plug my ears and protect my eyes to do it.

It’s been said put your thumb over the end of a water hose and the water shoots future , this will increase the speed but decrease GPM .
This was my thought on cam lob rates ond lift.Champion heads use a smaller intake valve than TA with about the same CFM making it have greater air speed to maintain same CFM.Being boosted dose make the science subject to reality,and some cars just run better than others.this is way you have seen so many combos that work and don’t work.
That's right the problem with the CFM part is the variables in other words you wouldn't put a prostock size port on a Buick V6 it won't work that is unless you are going to spin the thing to the Moon same as putting a stage 2 head on a 3.8 litre,but if you go off of the cfm theory it will mske more powerthe thing is anybody that designs cylinder heads especially for a particular combination IE Buick V6 they already know about where the proper Port size is where guys get into trouble is they go in and try to hog the thing out and make it flow as much CFM as they can which it will flow more CFM but it's useless because to get the ports airspeed up or velocity up you have to be turning the RPM to the Moon hence slow air speed at lower RPM equals less cylinder filling we have to understand that you only have so much time from when the valve comes off of the seat and comes back around to sit back on the seat the velocity or AIRSPEED, did I forget to mention AIRSPEED sorry being a little bit of an ass there should be around 300 feet per second and this will be dependent on many different variables,including bore size stroke rpm and piston speed

I've read the whole thread and quoted you. In post #34,dank GN talked about a balance of things and a relationship between things and mentioned that the cylinder heads aren't necessarily better on the faster car because there are too many things the contribute to ETs. Everything he said was thoughtful and well laid out. Your response to his post was to laugh at him and mock him.
You did say that you are not a head porter,but dank is.

I can increase the mean port velocity of any cylinder head by simply forcing air through it under pressure and I don't have to plug my ears and protect my eyes to do it.
Actually turning up the boost doesn't increase the airspeed through the engine it just increases the density charge and by the way where did you see that I said that I don't port cylinder heads

Last edited:
As far as the post that you referenced, I reread it and you are correct, I did come off a little snarky should have chosen my words a little better

What size valves are in that head and what's the bore size

I looked at the flow number on the Champion iron head and the two headsets in this post TA and Champion.And chose the Iron head. I looked at the combustion chamber too,I fevered the TA head combustion chamber but new I didn’t want a low 10 second car.
I have ran two totally different cam profiles trying to find the best cam for my combo of heads and Turbo.It just seems both make good power I feel bad because I can’t make my car any faster than 11.8 with a head the has enough CFM to go 10.5 or faster

I looked at the flow number on the Champion iron head and the two headsets in this post TA and Champion.And chose the Iron head. I looked at the combustion chamber too,I fevered the TA head combustion chamber but new I didn’t want a low 10 second car.
I have ran two totally different cam profiles trying to find the best cam for my combo of heads and Turbo.It just seems both make good power I feel bad because I can’t make my car any faster than 11.8 with a head the has enough CFM to go 10.5 or faster
I'm not sure that I'm understanding what is limiting you is it bottom end you're afraid to push it or you're trying to push it and it just won't go

Stock CNC iron from Champion .02 over bore stock stroke
I forgot the valves sizes

yep you shouldn't have any problem there then but you have a set of champion heads that aren't ported are you sure about that because I didn't think that they sold a set of iron heads that weren't ported but I'm not certain of that just haven't seen them

No thay are CNC ported iron
yeah I think the intake valve sizes on those are 1.770 is that correct,, and if that's correct the valve size is actually under what they should be the intake valve should be 50 to 51.5 percent of the bore diameter,but better to be a little undersized then oversized because the valve starts becoming shrouded by the cylinder wall and will actually lose air flow and Power

By the way with the bottom and and head combo you have your ET problems have to be somewhere else either in the tune or chassis cuz if that's the same motor that's in your signature that's a pretty good piece sounds like you got a nice car