GN1 aluminum "as cast" flow numbers VS champion race ported

ttribejr

I have these heads " as cast" I am debating sending them out and having them race ported by champions for $700

Anybody have before and after numbers and input on this? If I do it, I will have the intake port matched with the heads. Thanks.

Leave them alone imo. Slap them on and enjoy. You are already better then a set of stock heads, and your mods in your sig wouldn't benefit from the additional $700 of porting. Spend that money and get yourself a alky kit.

Last edited:
Let me clarify I run e85 and I'm shooting for 700rwhp. Ignore my signature, I have a whole new build in progress.

all forged, stroked, 10:1 compression, etc

Is this for a 109 or StageII bottom end? What is your budget? If funds are limited I would focus on the right converter selection to get your best bang for your buck with your new combo to properly get the power to the back tires. If you have money to spare, go for it . It definitely won't hurt anything having it done.

Look in the cylinder head sticky I posted some numbers in there years back

How much was that port job?
It depends on how far you want them ported . Just a basic clean up is somewhere around 6-700 . Mid port job is like 9-1000 and full out race port would be around 15-1600 . I have flowed my TA Se heads before and after I ported them and can tell you they flowed as much as a nice set of ported iorns as cast so it’s definitely worth it to at least clean them up IMO . I wouldn’t slap a set on straight out the box but that just me as well

On exactly the same combo, other than a bigger cam now, I went from as cast GN1's to race ported GN's. There is a nice difference in power that I've seen. I'd say its money well spent while its apart.

Let me clarify I run e85 and I'm shooting for 700rwhp. Ignore my signature, I have a whole new build in progress.

all forged, stroked, 10:1 compression, etc

If your shooting for 850 - 875 hp at the motor , why leave hp on the table by not porting . Spend a little extra on the port work to make it easier to reach your goal .