GN Surgery Commences

Looks awesome man! Congrats! I bet you are like a kid in a candy store (can’t wait to get it home)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. I feel like I just quit coffee and am going through withdrawal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Like TurboT Guy said... it's in.

Should be ready for tune and start this Saturday.
IMG_15731.jpg
IMG_03371.jpg
IMG_73951.jpg

Looking real good!! Is that an aluminum PS pump and what model number is the reservoir?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is aluminum. I'll get you the model number on the reservoir- I think it came from Summit or Jegs.

Car is home!!!

Went to Jim's today. Bison was pre-scheduled to tune so he commected in via Wifi and then cell tether via Team Viewer. Tuned my car for about 10 minutes, we started it right up, then 20 minutes of further refinement. Then we took it for a 30 minute drive while Bison tuned as we ran it through various paces of stop go, cruise, 10#, 15#, 20#. Bison built in a few safeties in the tune also.

We then changed out the break in oil, looked perfect, filled her up with fresh VR1. Check all the other fluids. Greaded the rubber hood stoppers as they were squeaking.

Car seems to be running really well. Some short bursts to 20# and it's pulling like a freight train. Obviously I'm not going to push it hard yet.

Amazing work from both Jim Dunn and Brian (Bison). Can't thank these guys enough. Oh and so far, not a single leak. Give it time. Lol.

I'll add to this as I drive it and see what's going on.

Can't wait to get this to the track in the Fall for a few passes.

Only weird issue I am having is a knock when breaking that feels like it's under the driver seat or driver firewall area. Really weird.

Soooooo cool.....

Congrats, further east Buick brother! Enjoy the fruits of your efforts!

Thank you. When does yours come home?

7 days from today.......

Then a few fuel system tweaks and some tuning for the crappy air here and she will be ready to go.....

Today, I installed this valve cover oil breather catch can kit I had picked up used from Cruz Performance a couple months back. I had to get creative for a bracket and mount point. Not 100% sure I like the hose routings yet but I'll see if it grows on me...

Also had Cruz make me a nice braided PS feed line with AN fittings that goes from the PSC reservoir to the inlet of the PS pump. I hope there are not too many bends and not enough "gravity" but well see as I drive it more.

I will say that this car today, on a hot day, at 15# feels as strong as the car used to at 23-25#. At 20-25#, it is downright scary.
20190804_180303.jpg
20190804_180308.jpg
20190804_180323.jpg
20190804_183648.jpg
20190804_183657.jpg
20190804_183708.jpg
20190804_183719.jpg
20190804_164638.jpg

Minor update. Son and I were cruising last weekend. Smelled coolant and had me concerned. Temps were good. Got home, popped hood and see coolant spray all over the place and a small puddle on the valley of the champion intake manifold in the back.

Was about to freak out then my son and I took a few minutes and found the culprit.

That kinked off, bypassed throttle body hose line sprung a leak. Little bastard.

I'll fix it this weekend.

Other than a longer piece of hose with a larger radius, how else have you guys fixed this?

Had I known about this when the motor was out, I would have found a more permanent solution.

Hopefully this holds. Not a fan of how it looks but it will do for now. I saw the gbody parts makes the coolant lines without the nipple.
20190824_172048.jpg

Picture came in sideways?

I recall someone placing small plugs inside those lines to the throttle body. Looked like they were connected as OEM, but they were plugged inside.

I know how you feel , I was freaking out when my s bypass hose sprung a leak one day and I was racing a guy thought I blew my stuff up, then calmed down and found the culprit , was not a pleasant experience LOL, I like JM 's idea or get the other line without nipple still be a plug on the TB though

I know how you feel , I was freaking out when my s bypass hose sprung a leak one day and I was racing a guy thought I blew my stuff up, then calmed down and found the culprit , was not a pleasant experience LOL, I like JM 's idea or get the other line without nipple still be a plug on the TB though
I don't think my Accufab TB has anything to plug.

there you go new line with no nipple some one might have one for ya too
never quite understood why they would go through the trouble to put an intercooler in and then heat up the TB