GN Surgery Commences

Thats already a nice engine!

Interesting boom on that engine hoist? Never saw one slide on from the outside.

I have the same thing, just made some removable extended outrigger bars with wheels for the bottom. Works great!

Thanks everyone.

Having a head gasket debate with myself now. I bought cometics to go with the champion ported iron heads but I have a stock block which is not being touched yet.

I'm told that sometimes the cometics will leak and seep because the stock block doesn't have the surface smoothness that the heads have. Not ready to machine the block at this time.

I'm now also hearing that a head gasket like the factory felpro would be a better fuse than the cometics and might be a safer way to go...

Any advice?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How much boost you going to have ?

30#lbs of boost ? On a real street car?

I went 10.30's all day long on my old build at 23lbs MAX. A very thought out built, soundly, carefully built 109 done by Lou Czarnota.

If you don't machine and fortify the block, as seems to be your intension, with clearance machining, forged internals and billet caps, you're askiing for a disaster.

But then again, I could be wrong.

I don't want you to have to spend money twice........

Last edited:
30#lbs of boost ? On a real street car?

I went 10.30's all day long on my old build at 23lbs MAX. A very thought out built, soundly, carefully built 109 done by Lou Czarnota.

If you don't machine and fortify the block, as seems to be your intension, with clearance machining, forged internals and billet caps, you're askiing for a disaster.

But then again, I could be wrong.

I don't want you to have to spend money twice........
Ok. Provided I crept up on that boost number while avoiding knock with 3 or 4 passes once per year, I thought I could get there safely but I see what you are saying now about it physically holding up.

I'll take it easy. I hear people throwing around this 30# glory number like it's no big deal.

Appreciate you looking out for me.

More progress.
imagejpeg_0(1).jpg

Work billet 6262.

Work? From Reed?

IMO, if it's the stock bottom end I'd stay away from anything over 24-25 and even that I think is pushin it.

Are you switching over to E85? If it's available in your area, then I would. Good luck.

Work? From Reed?

IMO, if it's the stock bottom end I'd stay away from anything over 24-25 and even that I think is pushin it.

Are you switching over to E85? If it's available in your area, then I would. Good luck.
Yes from Reed.

I wish on the e85. Nothing within about 40 miles.

More progress and thw machine shop measured for the pushrods.
IMG_29671.jpg
IMG_40621.jpg
IMG_74681.jpg
IMG_89631.jpg
IMG_07811.jpg
IMG_64391.jpg
IMG_29651.jpg

Minor update. TA front cover with oil pump is on and Flowkooler water pump about to be installed.
IMG_44211.jpg

Stalled over the last week or so waiting on pushrods and some other parts to arrive. Should start coming together shortly.
FullSizeR1(1).jpg
FullSizeR3.jpg