GN parts available

SS/GN

Just ordered a water pump from Napa and came new but made in China. :mad: Is there any good pumps still made and are they made in North America??
Thanks in advance.

I have a flowkooler as well. I dont think they make the housing because mine says GMB on it which is a large manufacturer of water pumps. Maybe they use the housing and put there guts in it? I believe GMB is a Japanese company. Flowkooler has there own billet aluminum impeller design. Whatever it is it sure is c

No manufacturer is going to invest and develop tooling, and supply chain, for a low demand water pump. Machining and assembly may be completed in house, but castings will likely stay in low cost China. India is the next China.

No manufacturer is going to invest and develop tooling, and supply chain, for a low demand water pump. Machining and assembly may be completed in house, but castings will likely stay in low cost China. India is the next China.

Sad but true. I kind of think that the higher tech stuff will go to india and think that vietnam will get stuff like castings, etc. Either way I hope Trump Tariffs it so it costs as much or more as if it were made here. Haven't these fools learned anything from china debacle.

I contacted flow cooler and the impeller is designed ,made and anodized in California. I also noticed T/A sell a performance pump and am curious to its origin. I have not had time to contact them and if anyone here has any input i would appreciate it.

To clarify my previous comment;
The impeller is likely used on many different cars (high quantity). The aluminum housing is a Buick specific part (low quantity).

still have the old water pump that was replaced? or needed to be replaced. if handed in as core to NAPA - get it back. the oe pump can be rebuilt.

we're at a time where the aftermarket choices and supply chains suck. while I have not yet had the need to do this, there are plenty of companies here in the USA that will rebuild YOUR water pump.

EGGE; Kellogg Automotive; Arthur Gold Rebuilders; HR Clutch; Flying Dutchman; just to name a few from search results. companies on both coasts - something to consider. keep your known OE housing and have the internals redone.

Search results to above companies and more in below link
companies that rebuild automotive water pumps - Google Search

Beat the piss outta my cheapass NAPA one for years...zero issues.

Did mine when doing the timing chain 10 years ago, nothing wrong with the original one but why wouldn't ya when its apart and 130k miles. GM, lmao, asked if I was sitting down said it was $250, maybe it wasn't made out of aluminum but it was silver. AA had it for under $20 and U.S.A. made. Saved the old one for just saving the old one.
Have never had a problem with cooling because of a factory water pump on any of my vehicles. Only see the need to buy one of those fancy ones if all the others were made in china and the fancy one was American made.

Did mine when doing the timing chain 10 years ago, nothing wrong with the original one but why wouldn't ya when its apart and 130k miles. GM, lmao, asked if I was sitting down said it was $250, maybe it wasn't made out of aluminum but it was silver. AA had it for under $20 and U.S.A. made. Saved the old one for just saving the old one.
Have never had a problem with cooling because of a factory water pump on any of my vehicles. Only see the need to buy one of those fancy ones if all the others were made in china and the fancy one was American made.
Are you saving the old of someday rebuilding if possible?

As others have said ,all the pumps out there are made in China and I was trying to buy a Made in USA unit. It looks like the only option is the flow cooler with an off shore casting but made in USA guts. Does anyone have info on the T/A unit? is it a billet impeller?

As others have said ,all the pumps out there are made in China and I was trying to buy a Made in USA unit. It looks like the only option is the flow cooler with an off shore casting but made in USA guts. Does anyone have info on the T/A unit? is it a billet impeller?

I’d suggest giving TA Performance a call on Monday & ask.
Another suggestion would be to contact Nick Micale as he has lots of experience with cooling systems & their components and is also no stranger to TA Performance

I still have my original, 150k+ mi, stock 30 yo cooling system, other than a Flow Kooler water pump and 160° thermostat. Also, I run 50/50 water/antifreeze. I cruise at 162°-163° and spike momentarily at 167° when my fan comes on. The highest I've ever registered on my scanmaster was 179°, and that was after several consecutive wot hits with the weather in the high 80s. Afterwards, within 15 minutes of normal driving, I was right back at 162°-163°.

After hearing all the chatter on this board about RMI 25, I decided to add a bottle to my cooling system after recently flushing it. Now, I'm cruising at 152°-154°. So to sums things up, get a real water pump and add RMI 25 to your system.

Plus, if you go to the Flow Kooler website and do some reading, you'll see there are other benefits to it; other than just cooling.

Just ordered a water pump from Napa and came new but made in China. :mad: Is there any good pumps still made and are they made in North America??
Thanks in advance.

Hey Kevin,

Just checked an AC Delco water pump that I ordered this year from Highway Stars & the label on the carton says “Made in USA”
Here’s some pics.

100_4051 (1).JPG