Wilwood d154 race version

Thats how i ordered mine
upload_2017-3-13_17-5-40.png
....just the bare caliper with no hardware at $103 each

Last edited:
Yeah now I see you don't have a brake booster. I'd like to hear more about THAT manual brake set up. Doesn't look like you used that "fancy" adapter from one of the guys like trz. Who's kit did you use? Did it work ok. I have less than optimum vacuum to make my brakes work correctly, which why I have so much interest . And there is that lovely weight savings too. Fill us in!!

I got this thing from Mr. Nick Micale. Works like a champ and cleans up the engine bay nicely. He had shown me a couple other cars he was working on in the past that had the same setup. I believe its a mopar master cylinder but cannot tell you the bore size ect...

Everything bolted up nice in about an hour. can easily hold 5 psi at the track(stock calipers then)...probably more if i wanted to launch the car harder.

Very happy with it.

I can't give you a good answer on the above question

I replaced the entire rear end ( ford 9") and the brakes at the same time. So my point of reference with the 8.5 rear end is lost.

With the 9" installed I did not see any outward or inward difference

Hope that helps some

Damn goin all out eh. Nice
Yea you've helped me out bud. Thanks
Im sure ill have some more questions lol.

Road test complete:

Expect absolutely no gain in stopping performance whatsoever.
These perform exactly as the stock calipers

The advantage is weight savings.

Overall this was about a $600 upgrade to save about 16 pound of unsprung weight

I hope this thread has been informative to others thinking about the upgrade.

What brake pads did you end up using?
With manual brakes. Ive been told to use
FF rated pads
100% organic pads
Non cermamic
Semi metalic

This is why I never bothered with the replacement type calipers. By the time you buy the calipers and rotors, just a bit more, you can buy the wilwood 12.19" brakes that are lighter and stop way better. With stock calipers and vented rotors, my car took the entire shut down road to slow from 150+. With the wilwood 12.19" and even after adding a manual master, i can coast a bit, and stop no problem, not even getting heavy on the pedal.