GN Header Panel.

I also painted both bumpers this afternoon since the weather was warm to paint.
I going to use the black base paint and the 2k clear gloss coat, but I already started with Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover black Paint+Primer. I already have given 3 coats, and I might give it another coat to fill in some pin spots.

Attachments

• both bumper gloss painted-1.jpg
    both bumper gloss painted-1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 146
  • both bumper gloss painted-2.jpg
    both bumper gloss painted-2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 144
I finally assemble the parts back onto the car, but I'm missing to locate one large rubber flap that fits underneath.
I guess I have to look at the Buick illustrated to see where and how it's get bolted, but for now you can see my progress

Attachments

• Front DS 10.06.jpg
    Front DS 10.06.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Front LS 10.06.jpg
    Front LS 10.06.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 111
  • header panel painted 10.06.jpg
    header panel painted 10.06.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Rear 10.06.jpg
    Rear 10.06.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Rear LS 10.06.jpg
    Rear LS 10.06.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Rear RS 10.06.jpg
    Rear RS 10.06.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 154
I finally assemble the parts back onto the car, but I'm missing to locate one large rubber flap that fits underneath.
I guess I have to look at the Buick illustrated to see where and how it's get bolted, but for now you can see my progress
....Now get that cruising time in b4 winter set in.

yea I know I'm trying to do the things that needs to be done in warm weather
The good thing , here in South Carolina the warm climate is here for a couple of week if not more.
All I'm doing are the maintenance work, and the last thing to do is to replace the front inner, and outer bearings and seals.

Looks great. I think gbody has that rubber flap.
Thanks, but I'm not missing the flap I have the rubber flap and I just need to find the location to put back in it's location

Did you find another header panel, or did you repair the original one?

It has been almost a year and a half since this thread has seen the light of day.

Is there a new,quality header panel out there?

My body shop guy worked over my regular Regal header panel to hide the hood ornament hole even better. It looks great but there are still internal cracks and numerous repairs.

Any updates on new header panels being made?? Any upcoming releases? Sherman closed :confused: - so much happens when I sleep. I always need the one part that only three are known to exist in a far off universe, but for every other car its almost free, I found something for $400+ ........is that it??

Whoever makes a quality piece will sell a whole bunch, I'm surprised Year One doesn't get off their ass and develop one, lots of G-bodies out there.

Mike

I was thinking the same about Year One , and GBodyparts. I seen a thread awhile back where a member contacted OPGI.COM via Phone , and got a lead where to purchase header panel.

I believe opgi has one now for sale ...wonder if anyone on here has installed ?? ..hows it fit ...what is a NOS one go for... I may know where one is at ;) :p

I believe opgi has one now for sale ...wonder if anyone on here has installed ?? ..hows it fit ...what is a NOS one go for... I may know where one is at ;) :p
Grass Doctor - Matt, you found me a intercooled engine in Saint Louis - this should be a snap .......Thanks again

Can't find one on OPGI website - You think someone would be making them. Its for a T-type with the hole if anyone has a lead on one :)

Matt - Your the Mayor of Buickville :)

Can't find one on OPGI website - You think someone would be making them. Its for a T-type with the hole if anyone has a lead on one :)

LOL they probably haven't actually made it yet like their fake ass tail lights LMAO

Besides visiting website, did you call the warehouse and talk with sales rep?

No - I'll give them a call, it can't hurt
I tried to find that old thread, but was unsuccessful. I do remember the language as being quoted .I talked with opgi rep and he turn me on to company that manufacturers TB header Panels ??.