GN from France

Yellowstang

hi my names Jean-Baptiste

I am owner of a 86 buick GN, the only one in france! I brought it back from Miami in 2016 on my trip

Stock engine, 3" stainless steel exhaust system , 3" Down Pipe , It has a 44 mL waste gate, 8, NEW TA62 Precision Turbo , Billet Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator , High Volume/ Pressure Fuel Pump , Brand new Rim and Tires Front 245/35/20 Nexan N fera , Rear 285/30/20 Nexan N fera tire , Hughes Billet Transmission Pan ,Huges Billet Differential cover , cross and drilled WILWOOD brake rotors, and WILWOOD Caliper System

The tunning chip was not good, we installed a new standalon ECU in france, identical to a megasquirt pro, it is in the mapping phase, currently only 7psi boost then we will climb up to 15psi with French gasoline, 92 octane.

I am also owner of a mustang of 1967, my 1st car! Passionate about American cars since my youngest age

Sorry for my English!!

Attachments

• $_57 (4).JPG
    $_57 (4).JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
hi, thanks

My new ecm is an ECUMASTER, We can settle the flex-fuel, it is necessary to add a sensor and a new mapping. But actually drive on gazoline 92 octane :-(
It is my best friend installs and setup my ecm, he also made the trigger wheell 60-2, big job but very very good results!

Attachments

• IMG_55331.jpg
    IMG_55331.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 145
Congrats and Welcome , Beautiful Car . Your at the right site for our TurboRegals . You have questions just ask , Tons of great info here . Keith

ok thank you :)

also have modified original ignition coils to LS2 trucks coils ;-)

Attachments

• jbfrance.jpg
    jbfrance.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 118
Great looking ride! What is the response in France when people see it, many for the 1st time ever seeing one?

It's a head turn cars loll but the french do not know Buick GN, for many French, americans cars, are Corvette, mustang and camaro!!! :(

But 1 years ago in a meeting of old cars in north of france, a young guy ( 8-9 years old) told his father, woowwww dad a Buick Grand national!!! :finger:

Beautiful ride.... Thanks for representing Buick in style and welcome to the board. P S ..do your GN have to pass and emissions test in France ?...

hi
In France it's complicated ... everything is complicated in France :banghead:
I waited until the car is 25 years old to be able to import it, the steps are different compared to a vehicle that is under 25 years.

under 25 years 10% import tax (value vehicle + transport) 20% tax (TVA) (value of the sum already taxed !!!!)
homologation +/- 5000 € !!!!! Buick Grand Nation ... it can not be homologated, because never imported in France, tires, windows, exhaust noise, headlights, flashers, everything must be modified !!!

+ 25 years 5.5 import tax (vehicle value + transport)

file FFVE (federation vehicle of colllection) photocopy title / certificate of sale / import document / 3 pictures of the vehicle + picture of the VIN, 75 € + 3 stamps :D

not a homologation, just a technical inspection, practiced on the whole of the vehicle in France (test braking, headlights, suspension, emission) emission is OK :cool:

here in France you import a mustang 2017 with security test to current standards, you have to pay 30% of taxes, have it modified to homologate for 5000 €

but if you import a 1967 Mustang modified to 1000hp with 4 drum brakes without assistance, you have 5.5% tax and no modification and nor money to homologate !!!! :eek:

It's France!!!!!

Nice car! Welcome aboard!

Like Turbo Nasty said, look into an Alky Control System to help with your octane problem. Easily installed, maintained and it WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice car! Welcome aboard!

Like Turbo Nasty said, look into an Alky Control System to help with your octane problem. Easily installed, maintained and it WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

yes , alky control is a great solution also to get your boost up, but my ECM is Flex fuel e85, my futur setup is 100% e85 and 25 psi boost,
future modification, install a fuel sensor e85,
http://paceperformance.com/i-8396469-13577394-fuel-composition-flex-fuel-sensor-e85.html
and a mapping 100% e85

actually 15psi with fuel 92 octane

Bienvenue.

Vous avez une belle voiture. Grab a biere and make yourself at home. :)
Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks for representing our Buick family in France.

Mike Barnard

:woot:Très Drôle je suis à Saint -Hyacinthe ...presque qu'à côté ton GN me semble assez modifier très différent des bagnoles européenne de base

:woot:Très Drôle je suis à Saint -Hyacinthe ...presque qu'à côté ton GN me semble assez modifier très différent des bagnoles européenne de base

Je travaillais au wal mart de Drummond, connais bien st hyacinthe!! GN assez modifié oui, j'ai aussi une mustang 67, je ne roule qu'en Americaine... effectivement rien à voir avec les voitures en plastique diesel d'europe :)

Sûrement le seul de ta région avec un G.N?...amuse toi bien avec ton jouet:D ici il reste quelques semaine avant de remiser la voiture:( foutu hiver...trop long...

la seul en France!!! je suis le 1er à importer une GN en France, il y'a eu je pense une 10ene de vendu en angleterre et suede en 1987, et je pense même avoir la seul 1986 en europe!!

Ça c'est cool!!!même içi dans la région il y a pas beaucoup ....avoir une voiture unique c'est assez le fun:)moi aussi j'ai 1986 encore plus rare qu'un 87 il a pas beaucoup de KM mais j'ai eu une malchance et obligé de rebâtir le moteur l'année dernière....j'imagine que pour les pieces tu as pas vraiment le choix que de les commander au USA,pas vraiment le choix;)