GN Crappy Chinese Headers: .1 ¢

Funny stuff, I think we had 2 members that their China headers actually worked, and that ain't bad!!

If the manufacturer could actually fab up a set of these on a car (some that actually fit) and sell them for the current price they couldn't keep up with sales...at least for awhile.

If the manufacturer could actually fab up a set of these on a car (some that actually fit) and sell them for the current price they couldn't keep up with sales...at least for awhile.

They would just fab them up on the engine and not worry about them fitting the car. Rook at all dis room we hav to wurk wi, why you say dey no fit?

I am sure they were given a good set from a better vendor and just made jigs to get it close. I hope they at least used jigs...I wonder though.

They would just fab them up on the engine and not worry about them fitting the car. Rook at all dis room we hav to wurk wi, why you say dey no fit?

I am sure they were given a good set from a better vendor and just made jigs to get it close. I hope they at least used jigs...I wonder though.

Quality Control is job number 1.

qualitynumber1.jpg

The unfortunate thing is that I was at a shop this weekend, they had a set of supposedly good headers (from a vendor on this board). They were SS and looked nice, were similiar to the TA design. I got a good look at them when they were put on a flat surface, the flanges were warped and twisted at least 1/4 inch. I don't know if the primaries were off or not, but I'd be pissed if I paid big bucks for SS headers and had these show up at my door.

Funny thing is people have put bids on them. Truth is anything on ebay sells. Remember the vagina shaped carrot on there a few years ago?

I just sold my Chinese knockoffs to someone on here. More power to anyone who can make them work. I sure don't have the time and tools to make them work. I can't believe how bad these were made. They LOOK nice but fit like bs. The bolt holes to the heads were all way off. I thought they would at least bolt to the heads ok and I would have to make the flanges on the v-bands work...didn't even make it that far.:rolleyes: Can't believe I even bought these things. I'm sure TA Performance is laughing at all of us right now saying I told you so.:D

The unfortunate thing is that I was at a shop this weekend, they had a set of supposedly good headers (from a vendor on this board). They were SS and looked nice, were similiar to the TA design. I got a good look at them when they were put on a flat surface, the flanges were warped and twisted at least 1/4 inch. I don't know if the primaries were off or not, but I'd be pissed if I paid big bucks for SS headers and had these show up at my door.

venders love china home slice, they love to lie about it as well, and cover it up till cows learn to fly! Mean while makes lots of mu`la` per each sale keeps them happy too.

Ive posted serval times with specific venders I know for fact have china contracts and chinaman contracted deals for quantity. Anything steal or aluminum is this way now. which vender was it? and how much were the headers; I got a first batch china set of headers for $250 our the door and $250 for a 3.5" downpipe just use that as a reference. and that was a single purhase for me no discount no special deal, not even a vender style 50-100 purchase which they get for even cheaper of course! Imagin what 2 crates full of just headers would cost a vender each, and the answer is no $250per peice thats for sure.

sorry you had such a bad experience, i know what it feels like !
disappointment is a nasty bitc h.

XxDarkSidexX

I just sold my Chinese knockoffs to someone on here. More power to anyone who can make them work. I sure don't have the time and tools to make them work. I can't believe how bad these were made. They LOOK nice but fit like bs. The bolt holes to the heads were all way off. I thought they would at least bolt to the heads ok and I would have to make the flanges on the v-bands work...didn't even make it that far.:rolleyes: Can't believe I even bought these things. I'm sure TA Performance is laughing at all of us right now saying I told you so.:D

agreed, if you can't work on them to get them to fit right, dont get them.
sorry DON to hear about your experience too. I am just ceit faced lucky to have some good guys on my team who help me out and actually are honest and give me all the information I need!

to be honest it was a lot of work to get the headers fixed, NEW vband $50, filing the flanges flat FREE, filling the turbo mount FREE, porting the headers fawked up welds FREE for me (but about $100 if you had a shop do it). So even if I paid the $100 for porting, it would be a total of $150 + $250 initial investment. thats only $400 for perfectly ported, fixed, nice vband, polished stainless steel. I think is was an awsome deal.

sucks to see venders selling the same TA style headers with none of the issues on it fixed still for $400! Whats worse is their allowed to it, reguardless of what we mere non venders think. if venders can't be honest then they are stealing my freedome of choice by manipulating the information I use to MAKE my choice in the first place!

sorry if my post is too honest for sum, but its true so there you go.
XxDarkSidexX

I would not even drop a turd on the China Headers.
Couple of guys here in town have went through heck with them suckers....just plain garbage. Despite the negative 1% that they work "great "for

All I can say is... 120K Factory headers w/o cracks... when the motor comes out to get freshened up, I'll get the stockers ported, jet hot coated, and reenforced... the only componant that needs replaced is the dented up crossover, luckily I have an old ATR crossover boxed up in the garage somewhere.