GN bumper fillers?

kidsixpack

I'm sure it's been covored, but i'm unable to locate a thread. Is there a remedy for the oxidizing bumper fillers?
They clean up, but turn again in just a couple days. Is there a cure?
KID

Once it starts clouding its the beginning of the end and will only get progressively worse over time. Eventually they will start crumbling. Replacement is the cure.

I spoke with Mike Barnard, SpoolFool, at Kirbans open house this past spring. He said if they haze in 1-2 weeks, they will last 1-2 years. If they haze in 1-2 days, plan on replacing in 6 months. If they are like mine and look like crap before you finish gently wiping them down, expect them to disintegrate at any time.

Not what I was hoping to hear, but I'll do whatever I need to. Any chance they come painted already? that would be great!
KID

If you get Mike's fillers they already come in gloss black gel coat. Don't really need to paint them unless you're after a perfect color match or have a color other than black. My experience has been the paint match is pretty darn good in the shade but in the sun there is a color difference difference.

Ahhhhh the good and bad of this post! The good, I had the same question! The bad I now have to order
bumper fillers from spoolfool

I still have the original fillers on my car and they do get "chalky" after a while. I clean them with some detailer and they stay nice for a while, but I still have to re-do them every now and then. :rolleyes: They don't have any cracks at all because my car spends most of its time inside the garage away from the sunlight's UV rays. Even if they're a little "wavy", they're still presentable, but I bought a complete set of fillers from "Spoolfool" and will be installing them sometime next year.

Claude.:)