GN #2

NOTSOFAST

o_O so after getting GN#2 back home, I have re-wired all the gauges into the dash. Installed new O2 sensor and fuel pump. Iv'e been driving it to work to get first 500 breakin miles on it. But, iv'e noticed 2 things, 1st- it smokes blue when I come to stoplights and clears up after I accelerate and start moving out. does this mean that rings aren't seated in yet? plus it smells like fuel, like if its running rich, but according to the SM, it isn't. 2nd- I put a lockup switch for the tc, which has a indicater light to tell me when its off / on. while driving to work (night shift) I noticed the indicater light was on, but goes off when I let off the gas. and lights back up when I get back on gas, (crusing speed.) wth, is that all about?

It's possible the blue smoke is from unseated rings, which needs the high pressure in the cylinders to seat properly. I'm not familiar w/your build, because other factors play in w/blue smoke, i.e. valve seals, leaking turbo, etc. If you smell fuel, it's most likely rich. A w/b 02 would help you determine by how much. Typically you are leaving hp on the table when running rich.
Bob B. gave some info on another thread recently, w/in this month I believe, about "running rich". Sorry I don't remember what he stated, because I'm not using his products at this time.
I'm not familiar w/the tc light, if you can post a pic of the schematic or an explanation of it's workings, it will better aid in a explanation/fix to the problem.

When I started my fresh motor it smoked all to hell. Scared me. I removed the high octane and replaced it with 87 octane and it stopped smoking blue and black. Turns out the motor needed to burn the fuel faster which lead me to the 87 octane. After the break in 91 and alky and away we go. A little Jackie Gleason there.

As far as the smoke it could be anything...rings not seated/too much piston to wall clearance....valve guides....intake manifold leak....oil getting sucked in by the PCV....turbo. As far as the TC light it sounds like the lamp is using the commanded ground in the computer for lockup. When you release the gas the computer unlocks the converter releasing the ground. When you step on the gas again the computer is commanding lockup, grounding the circuit.

well i will check the simple stuff first. I now turbo is good as i ckecked the clearence on it when i took motor apart. ill change oil and see if there is any difference.