gm billboards around detroit...........

Those are cool! I had seem most of them before, but there were a few ones that were new. Nice looking cars, for sure!

If they could do the rest of their advertising for new cars like that, I think it would be much more effective...and awesome.

I don't think sales is GM's weakpoint! I believe it is customer service. I have had numerous problems with the warranty issues and a friend of mine is having an issue with his 2011 Camaro ss. The dealership tried to fix a defect on his bumper and they made it worse but now the dealership said they are done trying to fix it. GM told him that the bumper defect was covered under warranty but the dealership screw up was on the dealership and the dealership said they fixed it. Not even close to being right now. Looks like crap now.

If you can't trust the service department approved by GM then you can't trust GM. He is going to trade the SS in for the mustang gt premium. He has never owned a car that wasn't made by GM.

GM is gonna need a whole lot more than some billboards to even get me on to a dealer's lot, much less sell me a car/truck. I have owned all gm except one car('89 Mustang 5.0) and one truck('92 F150 and their dealer made me trade that in on a '94 Chevy pickup).

A decent Rear drive, sporty car with a trunk would be a start for me. (Two door G8 anyone?)

At this point, nostalgia just isn't going to be enough to sell cars...just about everything that people love about those cars in the pics can't be/won't be put on cars today.

They need to take all of those slogans to heart in the new GM to succeed. Many of those are so true and have been lost.