Glovebox Lock Removal

Thank you for the reply. My problem is that I have replaced the door locks and trunk lock but the glove box is different. Can I key the glove box to match the door and trunk key like it was originally from the factory? Do I need new tumblers? Thanks again.
If you have the Key to the Glove Box, don't rekey the glove box lock cylinder - looks like the knob would be damaged while taking it apart.
Rekey the door and trunk lock cylinder and have a keys made. Glove box lock cylinder uses only four of the six cuts on the key starting from the tip of the key. Have the lock smith match the four tumblers of the glove box key starting from the tip and any combination for the last two tumblers - then have a keys made to match the new door and trunk cylinders.
I had this done to my locks years ago. Took awhile to figure it out and explain to the locksmith what I wanted done. Hope this helps.

If you have the Key to the Glove Box, don't rekey the glove box lock cylinder - looks like the knob would be damaged while taking it apart.
Rekey the door and trunk lock cylinder and have a keys made. Glove box lock cylinder uses only four of the six cuts on the key starting from the tip of the key. Have the lock smith match the four tumblers of the glove box key starting from the tip and any combination for the last two tumblers - then have a keys made to match the new door and trunk cylinders.
I had this done to my locks years ago. Took awhile to figure it out and explain to the locksmith what I wanted done. Hope this helps.
That means I would have to take the door apart to get to the locks correct? It would have been easier to take glovebox lock out and match the door and trunk. I had the locks replaced 2 years while car was being worked on. I thought I could have locksmith key the glovebox and just use one key for the doors and trunk also

Yes, you would have to take apart door panel to get to door locks. I wanted to use only one key for glovebox, doors and trunk also. But looking at the glovebox lock, I couldn't figure a way to open the lock. It's not like the door and trunk where you can pry open the key cover to get to the tumblers. The glovebox lock has the round knob that looks like it's made of pot-metal. It might break trying to pry it off.
It's harder to find a replacement glovebox lock and matching key. If you have an extra one you can let the locksmith try opening it or ask if it's possible to open it without damage. I did not want to take a chance of it breaking so I went the long and hard way.

From what I watched on a YouTube video there is a little hole on top of glove box all you need is a paper clip to depress the tumbler and it pops right out. Unless it’s much more difficult then that. Thanks for the reply.