Glovebox Lock Removal

Awesome job on the video, very informative and yet you put it in layman's terms so anybody could understand the procedure.:cool:

Thanks for sharing.

Awesome job on the video, very informative and yet you put it in layman's terms so anybody could understand the procedure.:cool:

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the nice words......

Have 700 views......some from Indonesia,Australia and United Kingdom and our friends in Canada.

The only suggestion at that point either take it to a lock smith, or drill it out. The lock smith may be able to make you a key.

i have to change my glove box lock but it pulls right out all the tumblers are gone wt do i do thanks for the video got a glove box lid but no key of a junker so that dont help either any ideas

I would try to find someone that has a glove box with a key and swap them out. You could also take the second lock to a locksmith to see it he can make a key for it, and use that one.

Video is great, helped me a lot. I'm going to re-key my locks but noticed the glove box lock cylinder knob may be damaged when prying it off to get to the tumbles. Not sure if the locksmith can replace the knob like the lock cylinders covers on the doors and trunk.

Thanks. Wonder if they can make tumblers for or off my key so it would all be correct $$$$ probably thanks again

tbone87 said:
Thanks. Wonder if they can make tumblers for or off my key so it would all be correct $$$$ probably thanks again

Glove box uses only the first four tumblers of you door and trunk key. Lock smith just needs those tumbler codes but not sure how they would remove the knob.

Thanks for the video. To reinstall the lock do you need to push down on that front tumbler or do you just push it in?

Thanks for the video. To reinstall the lock do you need to push down on that front tumbler or do you just push it in?
The tumbler should be down.....push it in and pull out the key....your done. Thanks Glad it helped.

Thank you for the reply. My problem is that I have replaced the door locks and trunk lock but the glove box is different. Can I key the glove box to match the door and trunk key like it was originally from the factory? Do I need new tumblers? Thanks again.

Thank you for the reply. My problem is that I have replaced the door locks and trunk lock but the glove box is different. Can I key the glove box to match the door and trunk key like it was originally from the factory?
I would think so but you we need to talk to a locksmith .......or someone that know more than me..my knowledge is limited on this....lol