Glock users

They are good quality pistols. The feed and function is nice and the Glock is generally pretty reliable. The sights are good for an out of the box pistol.

The downside is that the trigger pull on any factory Glock is crap, and with the plastic trigger parts it isn't real easy to improve upon. For carry use this isn't a problem but the trigger can cost you a few points on the target range.

Overall it's a good buy for an auto pistol.

I've had mine for about 2 years and no problems. Been carrying it on duty now for 6 months and wouldn't carry anything else.

I carry a Glock 22 on duty and a 27 off duty,best gun going right now for the money and every other gun maker out their is producing their own copy,have shot expert 5years in a row,and I am not the greatest shot out their
Ed

Model 20 here, great piece but a little hard to get used to. I still prefer a good 1911 though....

hey, what about the 19, my friend was looking at one. Right now he's got a guy he knows that's selling a Springfield .45 ACP with only about 300 rounds through it, he wants 4 bills is it worth it?

I've had a Glock Model 30 for several years now. Wish I would have stuck with my 90mm. This 45 kicks like a mule and tears the bark right off my shooting hand if I fire a bunch of rounds through it. Wish I could find custom grips for a Glock but don't think they are available.

Ive had several models in a period of 10yrs. I have liked them all but love my current .40 cal. Never ever had any issues with any of them. Since going to the 40 I have shot my best ever in my depts. qualifications.

I carry a Glock model 21 on duty, I had to trick it out a liitle bit though. I installed a lighter trigger pull, Hogue slip on grip and Trijicon night sites. I used to carry a Sig Sauer P-220 but gave it up due to it's limited capacity. The Sig in my opinion was a nicer more accurate shot. I just purchased a Kel Tec .38 for a backup carries 6 and 1, not too bad for the size of it. Real easy to conceal.

Originally posted by Jack Evers
Wish I could find custom grips for a Glock but don't think they are available.

You can buy one of those slip on sleeves but they make the grip huge

Originally posted by Drac0nic
hey, what about the 19, my friend was looking at one. Right now he's got a guy he knows that's selling a Springfield .45 ACP with only about 300 rounds through it, he wants 4 bills is it worth it?

Hold on to the 19 TIGHT, it will jump around!!!!

Me i think they are OK.. They are NOT by far the most accurate. THe sigs and the H&K are far more better imho.. THe sig is a great gun.. Many depts around here dont use glocks because they are not the most accurate gun there is.. I talked to couple guys as well and they said Glocks are for idiots to shoot. But i wouldnt go that far with that statement. My dept uses the H&K USP .40 That gun is very accurate.. We use the Variant 7 model which is a Double Action Only and with LEM (Law Enforcment Model) Which has a light trigger. But its all opinion. Best bet is to go to a range and try a couple guns out. I shot all types and I lean more for the sig. But hey the glock imho is a good gun for the price. But like others said.. You have to get them worked on for the trigger.

i carried a glock17 for awhile then i went to an H&K USP .40 and never looked back

Your right chance.. WE use them for our dept and LOVE THEM.. VERY RELIABLE. The H&K is a GREAT gun but kinda pricey. LOL.. I called several shops to buy one of my own instead of the dept. But they run about $750.00 - $870.00..

well you know what they say in a world of compramise some dont

Well, you guys may think I am crazy but the most accurate semi-automatic pistol I ever fired was a 9mm Taurus. It was a co-workers gun and I shot probably 5 or 6 hundred rounds through it. It may have been that specific gun, but I could hit what I aimed at with that pistol. The trigger pull was perfect for me. I shot a hand full of different Berettas, but the one Taurus I shot was by far more accurate. My next favorite was a Sig (sweet trigger pull), then a Springfield 1911, then a Walther. I also liked the PPK for what it was. I used to have a Glock 20 but never did well at all with it, but we never loaded any ammo for it so my practice with it was minimal. I never did well with any of the other Glocks either. I never could get comfortable with the trigger. My current Ruger is ok, but I am far from shooting daily like I used to. S&W is trash. Blew the frame up like an elephant after a few rounds w/ some +P ammo. I have a little Grendel that you have to stick under the ribs to hit anything.

any complaints with the 17?

What are you looking at doing with it?

I currently own a 19, 22, 23, 36 and a 30.

Siimple gun, trigger sucks to some "purists" but once you get used to the way it pulls it isn't bad, in fact...I personally like it.

Glocks are cheap and they work. You can buy better but you won't go wrong with most models of the Glock.

Originally posted by Jack Evers
This 45 kicks like a mule and tears the bark right off my shooting hand if I fire a bunch of rounds through it.

Yep, but it has stopping power. Few bad guys will get up after a few hits with a .45, even with a heavy leather jacket, and some alky in their system, which can't be said as a universal truth for a 9 mm wound. You also learn to make each round count. A 45 takes alot more discipline, but it was the side arm for the military for what was that 60 years?.

Plus you can use the ammo in a Thompson, and then go out and have some real fun. Eh mate, now here's a real weapon....
Used to be a unloadng Thompson at the range would leave a true silence for a while......

not a gun fanatic, but here's mine,colt ar-15 -45 carbine, and hand guns are a pt-111 and a s&w p 90 hand guns are ok but there nothing like shooting AR-15, i got mine with a colapsable stock, a shap scope, and the inrfared believe me from 100 yards out it's deadly accurate, would like to buy an m-24 or m-40 but i would love a RAI MODEL 300 but they don't come cheap

[iWhat are you looking at doing with it? [/B]

i am starting training with local aux. police and they require that we carry ( unlike most local depts. ) i have a S&W .357Magnum revolver, now and its just a little too heavy to carry IMO. thanks to all you guys for the quick and overwelming response