Glock 30

I got a colt 1911 and if the man thats found in my house at night he will be found their in the morning. Glocks are way to heavy,and sometimes to over priced for what they are.

owner of lots of military gun :biggrin:

I have a Coonan 357 magnum, it's an awesome gun. 7 rounds of 357mag in a semi-auto. The CZ's are good guns for the money. They also own Dan Wesson firearms now. They make a sweet commander sized 10mm. The Browning Hi-Power is my all time favorite.

G19

FN Five-seven

The reason they probably showed her that was she probably couldn't handle a S&W 500 Magnum. She probably couldn't handle the sheer weight of the gun alone nor the recoil. I don't mean to sound sexist but most women do not know how to shoot a gun correctly,much less a very large caliber pistol. Women and first time shooters that are untrained and not used to firearms need to start with a smaller caliber and work their way up to become used to the recoil and handling of a larger caliber weapon.
I do agree that a .380 is inadequate. The bare minimum for a self-defense pistol(note that I said minimum,not recommended) is a 9mm or a .38 special.

I have a Glock 19 that my husband bought for me to carry for self defense and to keep at my business (pharmacy). Love it! love it! :biggrin:
Unfortunately it's just a matter of time before I get a gun stuck in my face from some drug addict needing a fix.
Anyway, I just llloooovvve my Glock! I think the 19 is a good choice for a woman because it fits my hand perfectly and is VERY accurate. I was surprised it had such little recoil. I also have a SW .38 snub nose revolver and hate it. I am a very good shot with the Glock but the revolver is awful. Too much recoil. I anticipate the recoil too much and could shoot someone within 10 feet of me in the knee caps but thats it. The Glock is much better, just the right size to fit in my purse and perfect fire power as well! It never jams like some others I have used. Makes me feel safe.:D

Be sure you take care of the women in your life and teach them about the proper use of firearms!:smile:

I have a Springfield XD compact .45 and love it..... i also have a S&W ehanced sigma 9mm and it hasnt failed me - 1 jam in 10+ years [and it was with reloads] - my wife has shot it and likes it. now i just have to find a comfortable holster :rolleyes: for the XD

I have a Glock 19 that my husband bought for me to carry for self defense and to keep at my business (pharmacy). Love it! love it! :biggrin:
Unfortunately it's just a matter of time before I get a gun stuck in my face from some drug addict needing a fix.
Anyway, I just llloooovvve my Glock! I think the 19 is a good choice for a woman because it fits my hand perfectly and is VERY accurate. I was surprised it had such little recoil. I also have a SW .38 snub nose revolver and hate it. I am a very good shot with the Glock but the revolver is awful. Too much recoil. I anticipate the recoil too much and could shoot someone within 10 feet of me in the knee caps but thats it. The Glock is much better, just the right size to fit in my purse and perfect fire power as well! It never jams like some others I have used. Makes me feel safe.:D

Be sure you take care of the women in your life and teach them about the proper use of firearms!:smile:

Glad to see a female firearms enthusiast! The only other female I know that is remotely interested in shooting is my cousin,who is a real crack shot with an AR15. She will tear up a Coke can at 100 yards with IRON SIGHTS all day long! Now that's some good shooting! :cool:

FN Five-seven

The reason they probably showed her that was she probably couldn't handle a S&W 500 Magnum. She probably couldn't handle the sheer weight of the gun alone nor the recoil. QUOTE]

Man I was just kidding have you seen that beast. She needed to be put into at least a 9mm.

FN Five-seven

The reason they probably showed her that was she probably couldn't handle a S&W 500 Magnum. She probably couldn't handle the sheer weight of the gun alone nor the recoil.

Man I was just kidding have you seen that beast. She needed to be put into at least a 9mm.

Yeah I've seen one before. They have one a gun range I visit sometimes. I've never shot it because it costs $2-$3 per round and that's if the brass is returned. I can't imagine what it would've cost if the brass wasn't returned. :eek: