Glock 30

GOT JCE

RIP Ruka Jean
Anyone a gun dealer on this board. I would like to purchase a Glock 30 and have seen prices from 499 to over 600. I am looking for the version with the night sights and plan on adding a laser down the road. I have my permit,my credit card and a FFL and am ready to buy!!! Also, anyone have one of these?:biggrin: Thanks, AJ

Glocks are great period!
I have a 19 and a 38 chambered in the new .45 GAP

Try gunbroker.com

Gunbroker, AuctionArms or GunsAmerica. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

G20

The Glocksmith at rosssportinggoods.com,ask for Ross.... This Glocksmith improves on an allready awesome handgun. Ross did the following on my 20, Stippled and reduced,flattened backstrap, trigger finger channel, mk3 trigger 3.5lbs, rounded trigger guard, polished ramp, longer slide release , night sights used to be a H&K follower no more. love this tricked out Glock.. He has the best deals on Glocks in the state of NM. He and his wife teach defense/tactical/concealed carry classes . Even with insured shipping you can't go wrong. Does some great gunsmithin! Bought the Glock and traded the Glocksmithin a old pristine S&W 3" barrel revolver still in the original box and a model 94 .40cal Barretta

Do yourself a favor and avoid a Glock. They are reliable but are known to explode a lot. Google "Glock kb" for more info. Here's a particularly interesting read I found: Glock kB! FAQ v1.35

What do you intend on using the gun for? Plinking,self-defense,concealed carry,etc.?

If you want a good self-defense pistol,get a 1911. They are ultra slim,which enables them to fit more snugly to the body in carrying. They also have a steel frame which absorbs a lot of the recoil and enables you to get back on target faster. A Glock in a higher caliber(I would never own anything smaller than a .40 S&W for self-defense) will have a higher recoil,seeing as how the gun has a polymer frame. Basically the heavier the gun the lighter the recoil. Another thing the 1911 has going for it knockdown power. The .45 ACP doesn't have as bad as recoil as many people like to think. It's more of a push. But the round will certainly put someone out if it hits them,unlike a 9mm,which is the most common chambering for a Glock.

I personally have a CZ 75 in .40 S&W and it is great. It's almost too accurate for its own good. It's very reliable. You may have to replace the weak factory recoil springs,which I had to do,but that was very cheap and easy. The gun has operated without a hitch since. I have had no jams over the course of firing several hundred rounds. The sights are very easy to acquire as well and the gun is one of the most naturally pointing pistols I've every shot,if you understand what I mean.

Glocks are fine but I've never found them appealing. But to each his own. :)

I want to get a S&W M&P 9mm. They have a deal, buy before the end of January and get a rebate. The rebate is 50 bucks and two mags.
My local shop has one priced around 550.

I want to get a S&W M&P 9mm. They have a deal, buy before the end of January and get a rebate. The rebate is 50 bucks and two mags.
My local shop has one priced around 550.
I've heard good things about M&Ps and the Springfield XDs as well. Both of these polymer guns would be better choices than a Glock IMO.

Just picked up my NIB S&W M&P for under $500. Its a sweet pistol, so comfortable with interchangeable back straps.

I just got a glock 10mm with the lasermax, I love it. I also picked up a smith .45 that is just so sweet of a gun.... Had a glock 23 for a couple years that is a nice gun too.

I don't know how the laws and such are where you live but they have gun and knife shows around here all the time. I have found you can get a great deal there and actually feel the weapons before buying. The last day is usually the best they don't like carrying stock home:biggrin:

Get a Sig Sauer p229 in .40 caliber. Then go on ebay and pick up a .357sig barrel. Swap out barrels and have 2 calibers in 1 gun. Sigs are sweet guns.

IMHO, the FN FiveSeven is still the deadliest handgun available. :eek:

IMHO, the FN FiveSeven is still the deadliest handgun available. :eek:
True but only FN makes the ammo for it and they can charge whatever they want. I'd rather have a gun that fires a mainstream cartridge. You have much greater variety of loads and price ranges.

CZs are without a doubt one of the most underrated and underrepresented guns on the market. Out of the box compared to other brands,CZs are some of the most accurate and reliable pistols you can buy for a reasonable price. I bought my CZ75 .40 dual tone for a little under $500 with tax and I have been very very pleased with it.

CZ402.jpg

Fn 57

What is it. A semi-auto pistol that can operate and handle a .real 357 cartridge? FN has always made nice firearms. Coonan made a 1911 model that could operate and cycle the old 357 cartridge not the little bottle nose wanna be 357(ballistically close on paper). Was at Sportsman's Warehouse and this little old lady 80's but full off fire was lookin at pistols, she needed apiece for self defense and they automatically show her tiny anemic 380's. I think they should have showed her the S&W 500 magnum. Could you see her saying make my day sony! A 380 is marginal...

What is it. A semi-auto pistol that can operate and handle a .real 357 cartridge? FN has always made nice firearms. Coonan made a 1911 model that could operate and cycle the old 357 cartridge not the little bottle nose wanna be 357(ballistically close on paper). Was at Sportsman's Warehouse and this little old lady 80's but full off fire was lookin at pistols, she needed apiece for self defense and they automatically show her tiny anemic 380's. I think they should have showed her the S&W 500 magnum. Could you see her saying make my day sony! A 380 is marginal...

FN Five-seven

The reason they probably showed her that was she probably couldn't handle a S&W 500 Magnum. She probably couldn't handle the sheer weight of the gun alone nor the recoil. I don't mean to sound sexist but most women do not know how to shoot a gun correctly,much less a very large caliber pistol. Women and first time shooters that are untrained and not used to firearms need to start with a smaller caliber and work their way up to become used to the recoil and handling of a larger caliber weapon.
I do agree that a .380 is inadequate. The bare minimum for a self-defense pistol(note that I said minimum,not recommended) is a 9mm or a .38 special.

FN 5.7mm

Didn't see the decimal point in 5.7 threw me off. Different manufacturers like H&K have messed with similar 22, 222-223cartridges a short 223 in a machine-pistol. Think there is a 17 out there too thats even faster . Think they make it in armor piercing, well it will go thru a vest. The 5.7 and the 17probably goes real fast and tumbles like a tiny little gymnist. Would you rather get shot in the shoulder with needle going at 3500 fps or a ball bearing like we used to use playing marbles a steely going at 750 fps? Your right 22's are the most deadly cartridge . More people are killed with a 22 in the USA then any other caliber. Used to love shooting prairie dogs with a Ruger 25-06 . Old man Cooper the father of the 45 said that the AR15 in.223 was nothin more then a expensive poodle shooter, he would rather have/use a .308. Now I guess they put a shorter poodle shooter round in a pistol. Basically A Super magnum 22. Stuffs probably expensive. Allways wanted a Grendel P30 pistol until I saw one ,they shoot 22mag but realibilty was questionable. Kind of the same concept. I'll stick with the mass of the 10mm even if it's not breaking the sound barrier.