Glen Campbell Passed Away Today.

Well that pretty much sucks.

He was the "Country" Beach Boy and called Phoenix home for many years.

I've always loved this song..... Came out in my fifteen's/sixteen's, right when I got my drivers license. I wasn't even near a Country Music fan, but it just had a hook.........

Last edited:
Damn, I knew it was coming too. His last taped show, the one with his kids, was very touching. Sad to see someone go through this, and he even managed to keep his sense of humor through most of it...

RIP Glen

I was reading about this earlier this evening. He was a great singer and had many great songs that I liked. He had been sick a long time and it was sad that he had to suffer through that.

RIP your music will live on. Truly the saddest disease I have had the misfortune of watching someone I loved go through.

He was pretty much able to keep performing up to the end. They (whoever "they" are) say music is one of the first languages we learn, almost like a instinct, so it's the last one that goes.
I'll agree with this because the other night, I played a set and then after doing requests, I was asked to play what I wanted, just not what they were used to hearing me play. I pulled a set of songs out of my @SS that I haven't even thought about in years, and had all the words too. "They" could be right about that!
For about the last 10 years, his children were his back up band, so if he got a little lost, they were right there to lovingly get him back on track.
I had the pleasure of going to one of his shows 7 or 8 years ago, and got to witness this. What I thought was kinda amazing, was he might would fumble a verse once in awhile, but his guitar playing was still exquisite!
I'm more of a rocker, but I learned as much about melody and song structure and sometimes "less is more" when playing from Glen as I did anyone else.
Mr. Campbell RIP

Last edited:
RIP.
I think that the album with Wichita Lineman was an early favorite of mine (and yeah, I'm much more of a rocker as well).

Back in the 80's I had the first rollback certified by DPS and moved some of Glen's cars and he always wanted the same driver and truck.

This is a picture he sent me back in those years.

IMG_4110.JPG