Give me a minute!

Mr. Michael

So I have a new to me GN that I just had roll of the delivery truck. Something was up with it & I had yet to dial it in. Anyhow...

So I am driving down the main drag and I roll up behind a slammed and tweeked Genesis coupe (read: small bubble like asian car). I see his exhaust has been modded, and I also see a good set of coil springs & what looks like adjustable spring perches (respect!). He is cruising easy and burbling along keeping to himself so I stay behind (four lanes). But after a few stop lights (and listening to his aftermarket waste gate blow off) I thought "what the heck" and rolled up next to him and pushed through a boost pull. He hung back tho 'till I hung my hand out the window and asked him to roll on with me. Now remember I still have something going on under the hood but I just can't resist.

He was cool and rolled up next to me for a quickie. I gave him a thumb-up at about 35 and then honked the horn three times to go. He went on three.

My car boosted up to about 12 lbs and pulled no more than you would expect a stocker to pull. His car stayed about even but then pulled well & put about a car on me till 90.

I rolled next to the guy again & smiled and gave him another thumb. He stayed cool and did not make the old man feel like too much of a dip.

But - the moral of the story? The moral is that I went home & looked into the damn miss. After pulling the stock AC-44 spark plugs I found four gapped at 40, one gapped at 80 (!) WITH a broken ceramic, and one gapped at 35. Replacing those with a fresh set of AC 43's made a solid difference. Enough to say the roles would be reversed when I see him again. And! Now I can run him for some cash maybe? He may take the bait after that 1st production! :rolleyes: :)

GNplugs.jpg

Now figure out why its only 12psi and dont race a car with issues. Unless your pockets are bottomless

If you revved it high enough it would have put those plugs to the proper gap. :p

D

Now figure out why its only 12psi and dont race a car with issues. Unless your pockets are bottomless

Man I just don't have that ability to not - at the least - try. I don't have to win every time,so for me the "race" is what I am looking for. Even though I knew the car was not nearly 100% I still wanted to do it. And I am glad I did. The young guy has been on the net telling the story (and being fair) and he ran into my kid at a cars & coffee and resonated how much he liked how the 'ol man gave it a shot. My son then said "yeah he would like to do it again" to which the young guy said "oh? what has he done to the thing since then?" Ha! The guy knows what we types are about! Young guy went on to say that in our town - there are so few people that will be cool about this kind of stuff, and that he thought it was great to meet up with a like mind. I like that.

I have since tuned around the 12lbs issue... So that is not a problem any longer.

If you revved it high enough it would have put those plugs to the proper gap. :p

Ohhh yeah!

Man I just don't have that ability to not - at the least - try. I don't have to win every time,so for me the "race" is what I am looking for. Even though I knew the car was not nearly 100% I still wanted to do it. And I am glad I did. The young guy has been on the net telling the story (and being fair) and he ran into my kid at a cars & coffee and resonated how much he liked how the 'ol man gave it a shot. My son then said "yeah he would like to do it again" to which the young guy said "oh? what has he done to the thing since then?" Ha! The guy knows what we types are about! Young guy went on to say that in our town - there are so few people that will be cool about this kind of stuff, and that he thought it was great to meet up with a like mind. I like that.

I have since tuned around the 12lbs issue... So that is not a problem any longer.

Ohhh yeah!
Reminds me of a funny story..................

I was at a stop light one day. Sitting in my Buick, windows down, arm on the window sill, enjoying the day, with the exhaust rumbling and burbling, in traffic in the middle of town. When along come a 100 foot long metallic brown Lincoln Town Car with a very, very, very, senior couple in the car. The man who was driving had to be easily in his late 80's or even older!

The couple looks over at me with this mean aggressive intimidating look. The old man then taps his horn to get my attention and says to me..............."Hey! You want to race?"o_O

I was so taken off guard by this, that I could hardly contain my laughter enough to pay attention to the light turning green. When it did, he just smiled nicely and gave me a thumbs-up and rolled slowly away.

I wonder if this guy knew how much he had made my day! :) Nice people.

Reminds me of a funny story..................

I was at a stop light one day. Sitting in my Buick, windows down, arm on the window sill, enjoying the day, with the exhaust rumbling and burbling, in traffic in the middle of town. When along come a 100 foot long metallic brown Lincoln Town Car with a very, very, very, senior couple in the car. The man who was driving had to be easily in his late 80's or even older!

The couple looks over at me with this mean aggressive intimidating look. The old man then taps his horn to get my attention and says to me..............."Hey! You want to race?"o_O

I was so taken off guard by this, that I could hardly contain my laughter enough to pay attention to the light turning green. When it did, he just smiled nicely and gave me a thumbs-up and rolled slowly away.

I wonder if this guy knew how much he had made my day! :) Nice people.

And *your* story made *my* day. :)