Getting it done with Alky

Grumpy

Thread killer
right from the horses mouth :cool:

Here is Melissa's write up that she posted on FB because Russ never says much!!

"He flipping did it! He doesn’t like it being posted this way, but I am the one with the Facebook account, so yeah . His version: We finally got it! A few weeks ago, at Cecil, when we loaded it into the trailer with the winch, a lifted head, and a block filled with water, as frustrating as it was, I knew we weren’t done. He busted his ass to get us back up and running the next weekend, so we were ready for the N/T race. We raced smart that day. Today we raced stupid, and it worked, plus we drove it into the trailer! Of course, Grumpy was watching us from his favorite spot in the stands.
Russ makes it seem easy, but few see all the time and work he puts into that car. His dedication got us here. 109 block, pump gas and Alky, PTE SLIC, 2004r, a foot brake and rolling over the scales at 3610. We have a flipping great time doing what we do and consider ourselves lucky for every safe pass we make.
And after the excitement came the tears. There is such a big part of our team missing. Mom, I am so sorry that we are a year late. I heard every song you sent me today, and we all appreciated those clouds you sent for that last pass. You would have been the most excited one! When the lights do down, I know that you are never far away.
No cake till 8’s!! Bring on the cake!! Cupcakes count."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't believe my eyes. Did some 5.6s in the 1/8 but the track FORGOT she was going the 1/4 mile. Guess all my input an guidance finally paid of o_O. Ya I was in the stands. Some race car near us kept coming over to look at the car shaking his head in disbelief . Great day an drove it in the trailer ;)

oh... A Power Plate is on it to !

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Donations
$25.00
Wow, congrats.

I remember not that long ago :rolleyes: when you posted 9.9x on pump/alky and many thought you were kidding (lying actually) I don't know Melissa or Russ, but happy for them. No doubt this was/is hard work, dedication, a relentless amd stubborn pursuit, and of course . . . . your great advice didn't hurt.

Grumpy

Thread killer
Wow, congrats.

I remember not that long ago :rolleyes: when you posted 9.9x on pump/alky and many thought you were kidding (lying actually) I don't know Melissa or Russ, but happy for them. No doubt this was/is hard work, dedication, a relentless amd stubborn pursuit, and of course . . . . your great advice didn't hurt.
ummm that was 2007 :eek: ya time flys, Then they took a break for 10 years. Russ was always trying new stuff with the car. We would be relaxing on the boat an he would start rambling :unsure: You know I was thinking . I'd be there nodding my head ;) ( I did that very well ) . Movin on now for some new changes. It never stops ya know o_O

Pronto

You can't knock them up with spit.
Donations
$25.00
Congratulations to all! We saw Russ the week before Cecil. He and Melissa thought they had that 8.xx nailed down for Cecil. Glad they were able to overcome the mishap there and prevail back at NED. That's quite an accomplishment for a full weight street driven car. Her car is a testament to testing and perseverance. It couldn't be accomplished without Melissa's steady hand at the wheel. Al and I always take a look to see what new item is or is not in the mix. We have fun dissecting what we see and then debate what we don't see.
For those that missed it, yes they do run a Precision SLIC. He's got tons of data on it and it is not a cork is the system. Bigger is not always better.

Grumpy

Thread killer

Attachments

• Timeslips.jpg
    Timeslips.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 371

SS/GN

Russ is just a machine,no one knows how hard he works. Congrats to Russ and Melissa and I know Mom is very proud of yall! :cry: Thanks for keeping that alky topped up Dan,I am sure they used a bit ;)

dynoman

Donations
$25.00
Yeah , Russ was pissed that it broke on Friday night . He wanted that 8 at a Buick event . When Bill and I stopped over in the pits you could just tell that it was only a small set back for Russ and a learning moment . He's always trying something different and never stops trying to go faster . Great job Russ & Melissa ......... and those 1.20 foot brake 60 ft times , WOW !!!!

Remove Ads From TurboBuick.Com

Yearly amount needed to remove ads from TurboBuick.Com
Goal
$12,000.00
Received
$2,246.00